Friday, November 30, 2012

Day Three Hundred Thirty Five

Dear Readers,
     Today, I am rooting for Stanford. It is the PAC12 Championship game, which is just a rematch of last weeks game where UCLA couldn't help me out by beating Stanford. So, now I get the pleasure of rooting against them. As I normally do, just so I can give my brother in laws a hard time. It will be just my luck to watch UCLA beat Stanford after looking so terrible last week. So far, Stanford isn't looking as good as I hoped. I am guessing the field conditions are playing a part. It's pretty funny watching players slip and slide all over the field. Nobody can make a good cut without ending up with a faceful of grass. You gotta love football in the rain though. It brings a whole new element to the game.
      Okay, I started this blog right about half way through the game. Now that I have checked into our hotel room, gone to dinner, and am now relaxing on our super comfy bed, the game is over. After two weeks of disappointment, I finally had one fall my way. Sorry Brent and Brandon, but I didn't want to hear the trash talk all year about how UCLA was the champs over Oregon even with a worse record. So, I am thankful to Stanford this week even though I hate them. Go Ducks!
      Speaking of our dinner, it was a delicious little place called Cafe Marmelade out here in Agoura Hills. Just outside of Malibu. I forgot to tell you. We are staying the night out in the Malibu area for the Spartan Race tomorrow. Brandon and I picked up our race packets today and decided to stay out out here instead of doing the drive all over again tomorrow. We still have to get up early. Catch a shuttle bus down to Malibu and to our death. Okay, probably not death but we might wish for it after or during the race. At least I got an especially delicious final meal. Raina and I got the same thing. It just stood out of the whole menu. Red snapper with mashed potatoes. A light cream sauce on top and spinach. It was superb. It's always fun trying out new places and even better when they turn out to be delicious. We are enjoying our little one night getaway. I am sure Raina will enjoy watching our suffering tomorrow as well. I'm am sure I will have lots of pictures to share with you tomorrow.   Pictures of pain and suffering. The path to the Dark Side.

This Day In History: 1954
The first modern instance of a meteorite striking a human being occurs at Sylacauga, Alabama, when a meteorite crashes through the roof of a house, bounces off a radio, and strikes Elizabeth Hodges on the hip. Leaving a nasty bruise along her hip and leg.

Born This Day: 1874
Sir Winston Churchill - British statesman, historian and biographer.
???? - Lorinda DeAnda (Raina's cousin and the one with the towel sweater.)
???? - Courtney Garrard (Mom to the children Raina has babysat for what seems like forever.)

"Invention is the talent of youth, as judgment is of age."
-Jonathan Swift




Like it was made for people like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment