Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day Three Hundred Nineteen

Dear Readers,
     Only three weeks later, and here I am back on call for work again.  At least this is my last one for the year and it will be a nice paycheck just in time for Christmas.  Which does happen to be mine and Raina's favorite time of the year.  Funny I should mention that, because the guy whom I stay with for the week, happens to have a girlfriend that loves Christmas as well.  Possibly more so than Raina and myself.  The apartment is already decorated for Christmas, which is why I say "more" than Raina and me.  Christmas tree is up, lights are up, candles are out and even a present sitting under the tree.  In fact, she made some Christmas cookies today.  Her reasoning for already having the decorations out, even though Thanksgiving hasn't been here yet, was that if the stores can have Christmas stuff for sale, then she can decorate her home with it.  I can't really argue with her reasoning.  Pretty tough to say anything to that.  It is no big deal though, I don't mind the Christmas stuff so early.  The decorations are always cool to see.  One of the fun things that Raina and I like to do every year, is see the decorated houses down in Naples in Long beach.  Or just driving around to find neighborhoods full of Christmas lights.  I think the one thing that bugs me about starting Christmas too early, is the Christmas music.  That is where I have something to say.  You are not allowed to listen to Christmas music until at least after Thanksgiving has happened.  Why do I say that?  Because it is the same music every year.  For over a whole month, there is a rotating list of about fifty songs that get played again and again, and it is the same songs from last year and the same songs from my childhood.  I like the songs, don't get me wrong.  I just don't want to hear them day in and day out for longer than a month.  So, don't start playing them until after Thanksgiving has passed.  Or else.  Don't overdo the songs and ruin them.  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, so don't do it.  Or enjoy them in your own peaceful way by using headphones.  Don't you just love Christmas time?

This Day In History: 1851
Herman Melville's novel "Moby Dick" was first published in the U.S.

Born This Day: 1933
Fred Haise - Former NASA astronaut (Apollo 13)

"We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle







I guess I should switch conditioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment