Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day Three Hundred Twenty Two

Dear Readers,
      Okay, so UCLA pulled off the win against USC.  The first half of my wish is coming true.  Now I just need Oregon to follow suit and put a beat down on Stanford.  Which is a dangerous team that has given Oregon fits in the past.  Ruining a perfect season and National Title hopes some years back.  Oregon has dominated the last two years though, even with Andrew Luck playing for Stanford, so I am hoping for more of the same.  As an Oregon fan, I have had a little over a decade of good and great seasons, but have just missed seeing them get the big one a few times.  Even making it to the National Championship game, only to have my dreams dashed by stinking Cam Newton and Nick Fairley.  Please let this be the year that it all comes together.  Go Ducks and congrats to UCLA!  Here is to the possibility of facing my brother in laws favorite team in a PAC12 Championship game.
      Okay, I am trying to type this up while trying to watch the game at the same time.  For a little while there, Oregon was really stressing me out and I had to stop typing for a little bit and just watch.  They had a chance to keep a solid drive moving when a receiver dropped an important third down pass.  Well, that same receiver has now just redeemed himself by catching a touchdown pass to tie up the game.  There is still plenty of game left, but I feel that the Ducks offense is starting to finally get going after that drive.  I just hope their defense can keep up for the rest of the game.  I have to say that this is the first game of the year that has me worried and actually stressed while watching.  This whole season has mostly been a dominant performance by Oregon, and now they are facing the best run defense in college football.  I am counting on all the offensive plays to wear down the defense.  One thing I can count on with Oregon, is that there isn't any team as well conditioned as Oregon has.  Just think about their defense having to play against their fast pace offense week in and week out.  You have to be in good shape to keep up.  Once the fourth quarter hits, there isn't a team out there that can keep pace.  At least that is what I am counting on.  Sorry for the non sports fans out there, I am just too in the zone to talk about anything else.  Go Ducks!

This Day In History: 1800
The U.S. Congress held it's first session in Washington, D.C., in the partially completed Capitol building.

Born This Day: 1925
Rock Hudson - American film and television star.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean





Because he has a beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment