Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day Three Hundred Twelve

Dear Readers,
      This week of work started out so well.  I was happily able to do some actual work on Monday, working with a crew installing a new water line.  Then on Tuesday I got to run my own crew for a job that day.  It was great.  Actual work with my hands and making decisions that lead to a smooth job and not having to rush to finish our work for the day.  Getting to go home feeling like I accomplished something.  Getting a job to start and then finish in that one day, very fulfilling.  It was great.  It all came to an end today.  Back to the tedious work that never ends.  Endless tasks that last all day, then at the end of the day you know that you just have to come back the next day and keep working tediously away at it.  Almost like I am on an assembly line in a factory.  Same thing all day, every day.  Here is to hoping for a messed up dirty job tomorrow.  I'll take that over the tedious work any day of the week.
      Raina and I went to dinner tonight with her dad and his wife, Nancy.  A lovely Birthday dinner for Raina at Roman Cucina in Fullerton.  Delicious Italian food.  Yes, it is a little late for a birthday dinner for Raina, but why not extend it as long as possible.  So we went out, two couples, to celebrate Raina.  Even topping it off with free spumoni and singing Happy Birthday to her.  Who cares if her actual birthday was two and a half weeks ago, let the party ride on.  We had a great time hanging out tonight.  The best part for me though, had to be right at the end as we headed out the door.  Just before walking out, we heard a "Raina!?" coming from one of the tables.  It turns out that a girl that Raina knows through our friend Liz, who worked with Liz at a previous job, noticed Raina and stopped her to say hi.  That is not the actual best part though.  The best part is that she didn't actually recognize Raina, she recognized me from all my blog pictures.  I had never met her before, but I am guessing through Raina and Liz, she found out about my beard venture and my blog.  Reading along and checking out my crazy pictures of my out of control beard.  I'm minimally famous now!  Getting recognized by people I have never met before.  That is how you know you have arrived.  Okay, not really, but I thought it was pretty funny that she recognized my beard and put two and two together to realize that it was Raina with me.  It made my night. 

This Day In History: 1504
Italian-born  Spanish explorer Christopher Columbus arrives in Spain after his disappointing fourth voyage, still believing he had reached the fringes of Asia.

Born This Day: 1918
Billy Graham - American Christian evangelist and author.

"I don't want to be a genius--I have enough problems just trying to be a man."
-Albert Camus








Delicious Chicken Parmigiana and Raina's spumoni.


No comments:

Post a Comment