Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day Three Hundred Eight

Dear Readers,
      Go Ducks!  That is all I have to say after that offensive show they put on against USC.  Yeah they allowed SC to score a bunch and rack up the yards, but Oregon was that much better.  They got the plays they needed, when they needed them.  It was a masterpiece of a show out there and I wish I could have been there.  Raina and I went to the game two years ago, but weren't able to get ourselves some tickets for this year.  Besides, we ended up being busy today.  I set aside enough time to catch most of the game, watching Kenjon Barner set a school record for rushing yards in a game and Marcus Mariota, who happens to be a freshman, look like the veteran quarterback in the battle between two of the best quarterbacks in the PAC12.  What a fantastic game, if you like offense.  If you like Oregon, you have to like some offense, because they are an offensive juggernaut of a team.  Putting on a show, just about every week.  They didn't disappoint tonight.  National Championship, here we come.
      Raina and I spent our morning in Old Town Orange.  Having breakfast with our friends, Josh and Marci.  I always love spending time with them, even though it is always too few and far between visits.  It was a great breakfast at the Filling Station and a great time catching up with them.  Even though we got there a little late.  I have made the mistake of waiting up for Raina this week while she has been working at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Not just waiting up for her though, but waiting to do my blog until just before she got home.  Which has been keeping me up even later then my already late bedtime.  So when I set the alarm for this morning, it was with the intention that we were going to head out for a run before we went to breakfast.  Well, I woke up to the first alarm and saw how dark it still was outside and then decided to go back to sleep, setting my alarm for a later time.  Well, I didn't wake up to the second one.  Raina didn't set her alarm, thinking that I would wake her up.  I couldn't, I slept right through the second one.  I woke up five minutes before we were supposed to be there.  We had to call and apologize for being late and then rush to get ready.  There went our run, right out the window.  Not to mention we made Josh and Marci wait for us.  I hate doing stuff like that, but at least it worked out.  We showed up just after they seated them at the restaurant.  So we had a little bit of an adventure this morning, but it worked out.  We had a fantastic breakfast with fantastic company and finished with a fantastic walk around Old Town Orange's antique shops.  I even got myself a few vinyls.

This Day In History: 1957
Sputnik II was launched by the Soviet Union. It was the second manmade satellite to be put into orbit and was the first to put an animal into space, a dog named Laika.

Born This Day: 1921
Charles Bronson - American actor (The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape)

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-Andre Guide\




For a Dodger fan such as myself, I thought this was a great title to a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment