Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Three Hundred Six

Dear Readers,
      First off, I have to say thank you to a friend of Raina and myself.  More Raina then me.  Anna Torrez went to high school with Raina and I have gotten to know her through Raina.  Today, I bought some vinyl records off of her.  She happened to be selling some of her dad's old records.  I hadn't seen her in a long time, but it was really cool catching up with her, even though it was just for fifteen minutes or so.  Then, she made the evening even better, by topping off my order of new records with a delicious slice of pie.  She had just got done telling me about how she had visited Oak Glen with her family.  Picking fresh apples and picking up homemade apple pie, which I now got to take part of.  Anna was awesome enough to share some with me.  It was perfect for desert tonight.  I even have enough for some tomorrow night.  Now all I have to do is get some ice cream and heat it up.  I am not really a big apple pie kind of guy, but you can't beat fresh homemade.  Thanks again Anna for the awesome desert.
      On another note for the day.  It is Raina and mine anniversary today.  Not our wedding anniversary, but a celebration of 14 years of being together.  We started dating on this day all those years ago.  It hasn't always been easy, by any stretch of the imagination, but we can be honest when we say that it has never being boring.  One thing we can always count on together, is that we will always be entertained.  We have been through many changes and experiences together and looking back, I wouldn't have wanted to go through all of them with anybody else.  There have been many trials for us, but I couldn't have asked for anyone better to go through them with.  The testament is our marriage that has continued to grow and I anticipate to continue to grow and mature and flourish for the many years I hope to have together.  The first 14 have gone by so fast and I can't wait to see what the next 14 years have in store for us.  Hopefully I won't gain another fifty pounds within that time frame.

This Day In History: 1913
In an American football game between Notre Dame and Navy, the forward pass is used for the first time.

Born This Day: 1871
Stephen Crane - American author (The Red Badge of Courage)

"The harder you work, the luckier you get."
-Gary Player







 Some old photos of Raina and I.  Don't we look so different.  More me then her.


By the way, that is Anna on the right.

1 comment:

  1. really? really? you had to put that picture up?? lol! no more apple pie for you!

    and happy anniversary to you and raina! :)

    ReplyDelete