Friday, November 9, 2012

Day Three Hundred Thirteen

Dear Readers,
     We finally got some rain yesterday.  Here we are in November and we are getting the first real rain of this season.  What took so long?  The weather has been strange this year.  Summer is lasting all the way until November.  Ninety degree weather hit us just a few days ago and then the temperature dropped dramatically in a matter of three days to bring us clouds and rain.  I went from sweating up a storm at work on Monday to sweaters and jeans on Thursday.  Crazy weather.  I am ready for the rainy season though.  Reading a good book while wrapped up in blankets.  I don't know why, but I really enjoy listening to the rain or watching from the window.  There is something neat to think that all this water was sitting in clouds and now it decides it's too heavy and is falling to earth.  It's crazy to think how things work. 
      Since it was raining yesterday, it cut into my running time.  So instead, Raina and I curled up under a blanket to watch Miracle.  The movie about the Americans winning the Olympic gold medal in hockey and defeating the unbeatable Russians along the way.  Raina had just watched a documentary on it and was wanting to see the movie.  So, what perfect timing for us to spend that time together before she headed off to work.  Speaking of work, we went to see her tonight.  I think this might be a weekly occurrence.  Why not though, right?  Thursdays are great there.  Thursday night football and 65 cent boneless wings.  You can't go wrong.  It probably isn't the best thing for my Spartan race coming up, but who cares.  I get to see my wife and hang out with whatever friends I drag with me over there.  Already looking forward to the next one.

This Day In History: 1960
John F. Kennedy becomes the youngest man-and the first Catholic-to be elected president of the United States, narrowly beating Republican vice president Richard M. Nixon.

Born This Day: 1847
Bram Stoker - Irish born English author (Dracula)

"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."
-John F. Kennedy







Where do I get mine at?

No comments:

Post a Comment