Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day Three Hundred Thirty Three

Dear Readers,
      Okay, I am trying to watch another Harry Potter movie.  I started watching the series a few months back, starting from the beginning.  Now, I have made it all the way to the second movie.  Can't you see how much progress I am making?  As I have said before, I want to watch through the whole series of movies and then read the books.  My thinking is that I don't want to be disappointed in the movies because the books were so much better.  Most books are better then movies, so I am assuming the same goes for the Harry Potter series.  Actually, I really hope so, because the first two movies are pretty kiddish.  Meaning they are made for kids with a dark element in the background of it.  A little silly at times and then grabbing my interest the next moment.  I am also assuming that the movies get better as they progress and the actors get older.  Hopefully making for a better story with each movie.  I just have to get past the kiddy parts.  Thanks again to Brooke for letting me borrow the whole movie collection.
      Only three days left until the Spartan Race.  A part of me is getting a little nervous about it.  I don't want to embarrass myself and not even finish the race, but I feel pretty unprepared.  At least I am a little better prepared then the guys I am doing it with.  My two brother in laws Brent and Brandon and nephew, Jeremiah.  Out of the three, Jeremiah is the only one that does some kind of physical activity on a regular basis.  Playing intramural sports at college.  As far as being able to run three miles, I am not sure if any of the three of them have even attempted to run three miles, let alone finish it.  Either way, it is going to be an eventful Saturday.  Full of falls and trips and scrapes and bumps and bruises and hopefully no broken bones.  Especially since I am supposed to be golfing the next day.  Don't want to miss out on that now.

This Day In History: 1582
William Shakespeare, 18, and Anne Hathaway, 26, pay a 40-pound bond for their marriage license in Stratford-upon-Avon, England.

Born This Day: 1943
Randy Newman - American singer and composer of movie scores.

"Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties."
-Gail Sheehy




The infamous Ned Kelly. Sweet Beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment