Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day Three Hundred Seven

Dear Readers,
      For those of you who have been reading fairly regularly to all the gibberish I have been typing up during this year, you know by now that I love food.  All different kinds of food.  All different kinds of ethnic foods.  Mexican, Italian, Indian, and so many more.  Trying new things, enjoying the old things and just plain enjoying tasty goodness.  Makes me wonder why I didn't become a chef.  Probably because I would be as big as a house if I were one.  Back to my point, I tried a new place out today.  Not just a new place, but a new style of food.  Kogi's food truck was parked near my work and a guy from my work took me their, claiming it to be deliciousness.  Like I said, I love trying new things.  This food truck makes a Korean/Mexican fusion.  Korean short ribs in a burrito or taco.  Sliders with spicy pork and an assortment of other goodies.  Of course I got myself a short rib burrito with extra meat.  Go big or go home, right?  It was tasty bliss.  I was not disappointed.  All those great flavors danced on my taste buds and brought a smile to my face.  I devoured my lunch.  One of the only bad parts about eating Korean short ribs is that they have a tendency to have fat on them and if not cooked right, will be extra chewy.  It was not the case in today's meal.  The meat was tender and delicious, with all the fat cut off of it.  I was in food heaven there for a bit.  I am looking forward to trying their other meals, now that we found out they are local just about every Friday.  Don't be frightened by the stigma of food trucks, try it out.  Awesome food.  The hardest part is finding it on a day to day basis.  It makes it an adventure that way.

This Day In History: 1947
The Hughes Flying Boat--the largest aircraft ever built--is piloted by American designer Howard Hughes on its first and only flight. (The Spruce Goose)

Born This Day: 1734
Daniel Boone - American frontiersman, hunter, and Indian fighter.

"It is easy to be popular. It is not easy to be just."
-Rose Elizabeth Bird




So you know what to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment