Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day Three Hundred Fifteen

Dear Readers,
      Another busy day today.  Completely different then yesterday.  After such a lazy day yesterday, it really made today hectic.  Starting out with a morning run, which was actually pretty rough because of how cold it was.  I was having a hard time breathing in and out of my nose, trying to control my breathing.  Eventually I got used to it, but it definitely through off the run for a little bit.  After our run, I took off to pick us up some breakfast.  Just a little breakfast burrito from Nick's in Los Alamitos.  If you have never had one, you are missing out.  Chorizo, eggs, potatoes, cheese, bacon and salsa inside a tortilla grilled on both sides.  Add some avocado and you are ready to be stuffed.  You won't want to stop eating once you start.  Raina took a bite from my burrito today and my instinct was to feel a little upset that she was taking what was probably the best bite of my burrito.  In the grand scheme of things, it really wasn't anything big, but at that moment, I was feeling a bit of jealousy.  It just means I need to go back and get us some more burritos to make up for that one.
     The rest of our day mostly consisted of family time.  Considering it was a birthday party for my nephew, Joseph.  A superhero birthday party to be precise.  A jumper with the Justice League banner on it.  Spiderman and Batman plates and napkins.  Thor hammers and Captain America shields.  Every young boys little dream.  Not to mention, he pretty much got nothing but superhero toys for his birthday.  We got him something along the same lines.  Star Wars toys.  If you remember a couple of weeks ago I talked about picked up some Star Wars action figures up for a great price, I got so many of them that I will have gifts for a long time.  We gave him two Jedi Knights and Darth Maul, so that he can work out a battle scene.  Then we added in a pilot character who comes with a blaster.  Four action figures from over fourteen years ago.  Someday when he is older, he may be able to appreciate the vintageness of the gifts he got, but in the mean time I just hope he enjoys playing with them.
      One of the other things the boys got today, was a special candy sucker.  Special in the way that it was a sucker with a scorpion in the center of it.  I didn't think the boys were going to eat it, but they went for it.  They thought it was the coolest thing to be eating a candy with a bug inside of it.  Unfortunately, they didn't last long enough to get to the scorpion, so they didn't eat it.  But my niece Kailee did.  My sister, Melissa, offered fifty bucks towards Kailee's trip to Peru next summer if she ate the scorpion.  I have to give her some credit, because I don't think I would do it, but she did.  Chewing up and swallowing the crunchy scorpion in the candy.  She didn't look like she was enjoying it, but she is going to enjoy the prize she gets for doing it.  Now we just have to make sure that Melissa fulfills her end of the bargain and pays up.  It is amazing to think of all the things people might do for a little money in this world.

This Day In History: 1888
Jack the Ripper commits the last known murder in a series of seven in the East End of London, England.  he was never caught or identified.

Born This Day: 1543
Martin Luther - German religious reformer whose disagreements with the practices of the Catholic Church helped ignite the Protestant Reformation and led to the establishment of the Lutheran Church.

"The fewer the words, the better the prayer."
-Martin Luther








Some pictures of the day and the party.
Scorpion Candy!

Yum.

It's really in there.

Happy to get money for his birthday.

Raina and I got him some Star Wars action figures.

Already trying to get it open.

Who needs cake when you got these sweet cupcakes?

Joseph also got a Darth Vader transformer.

Kailee actually ate the scorpion.

Doesn't she look so excited about it.

All the kids gathered around the Ipad.

No comments:

Post a Comment