Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day Two Hundred Seventy Nine

Dear Readers,
      It has been a long day at work and all I want to do is crash.  I am trying to fight through the tiredness and talk a little about today, so that I don't have to be behind for another day.  It will bug me if I don't.  Even though I worked for about fifteen hours today.  I was really close to leaving early today.  Which would have allowed me to miss out on the overtime.  Unfortunately, I stayed.  Then I was recruited to get some work done.  Another mess of a job.  Muddy, messy and it is never fun working in the dark.  It was one of those jobs that was supposed to be done sooner than when we actually finished.  Which meant we were supposed to be done before it got dark.  That didn't happen.  Working in the dark is difficult and more dangerous than during the day.  They guy on the tractor has a hard time seeing everything as well as he could during the day.  Which means he can't see the workers or the giant hole we dug up in the street as well.  We have to be extra vigilant at night to make sure the heavy equipment operator can see us and to stay out of his way.  You don't want to get hit by that tractor.  I have seen one guy get knocked in the head and end up with a small concussion because of it.  You have to wear those hard hats around them.  Safety first, right?

This Day In History: 1892
Most of the notorious Dalton Gang are shot to death by townspeople when the outlaw band of brothers attempts to rob two banks in their old hometown of Coffeyville, Kansas.

Born This Day: 1943
Steve Miller - American singer/songwriter.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
-the Dalai Lama








That is why Han is just freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment