Monday, October 8, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty Two

Dear Readers,
      I am tired of Mondays. I know I am not the only one. Monday means a whole new week of work. It also means a long day of work followed by my Blueprint Reading class. Making for a long day. It doesn't help that my class is especially boring. I think I nodded off at least three times tonight, and the lecture was only one hour. Followed promptly with our first quizz. Thankfully it was a short one that I could blaze through and hurry home. Hurrying home as fast as Raina could come and pick me up. Yup, I get dropped off and picked up from school every week. Reminiscent of elementary school and the first couple of years of high school. It is kind of comical to think of my dad dropping me off at school at thirty years of age. I guess I am just too cheap to buy the parking pass. Besides, trying to find parking at Cerritos College can be a nightmare.  So, here I am getting dropped off at school all over again.  No embarrassment, just doing what needs to be done.  Thanks to my dad and my beautiful wife for being willing to take me to and from school. 
      Man, I used to always give Raina such a hard time for her nose always in her phone.  She would be playing game after game or searching new App's.  Now that I have the iPhone I find myself just as addicted, unable to watch a television show without playing multiple games. All those games where you can compete with your friends have me hooked.  I used to never be on my phone at work and now on my down time I find myself reaching for my phone to see if I finally beat Brooke at Scramble or if Brandon came close to beating me at this Trivia game. But games are not the only thing that keep my head in my phone. Saturday while I was out I realized that I forgot to program the Oregon game at home, then I discovered an app that lets me program my DVR no matter where I am at.  I have officially become addicted. Especially on Sundays.  I can't even walk from my car to a restaurant without looking at my phone to see what my players are doing on my fantasy football teams.  There are some really cool apps out there.  There is literally an app for everything. One of my really cool finds will help Raina and I out. Raina and I can be really indecisive when it comes to picking out a place to eat.  I found this app called Urban Spoon, that gives you a list of the restaurants that are nearby and if you can't decide on what to eat you can shake it and it will choose for you.  I have to admit, it is pretty cool.  For those of you that have iPhones or iPads, I am interested in knowing what are some of your favorite apps out there? And if you play these games find me, I can always use a new challenge.

This Day In History: 1871
The Great Chicago Fire begins as a cow reportedly kicks over a lantern in a barn.  Wind driven flames killed 250 people during the next two days, destroyed the homes of 90,000, and ravaged the city's thriving downtown.

Born This Day: 1948
Johnny Ramone - American rock musician. (The Ramones)

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
-Mark Twain







Somebody has a great sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment