Friday, October 12, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty Six

Dear Readers,
      I had a bit of a surprise today.  I went into work today for a little bit of overtime.  Looking to make a little extra money.  While driving out to our job site for the day, and waiting at a traffic light to turn left, I noticed a group of cop cars at the corner Yoshinoya.  As I sat there waiting for the light, I was wondering what was going on over there.  Maybe a robbery, some graffiti, or possible a bum causing trouble.  The cops are always trying to get rid of the local transients.  It turned out it was none of those things.  As I am watching the cops shuffle around, it is then that I notice the yellow sheet covering something on the grass.  Then, I noticed the feet sticking out from under the sheet.  Yup, it was a dead body.  Now I don't know the details, so I am sorry for disappointing those of you who are nosy and want to know every little detail.  It could have been a murder of some sort.  Although I doubt that, considering the body was just laying there.  No CSI investigation going on while I was sitting out there at that light.  Maybe a drunk guy stumbled and passed out, hitting his head on a rock on the way down.  Leaving the cops with a mystery to solve as to how and why he is dead.  Or was the body a she?  I couldn't tell from where I was sitting.  Maybe I will get to read about it in the newspaper in the morning.  It intrigues me to wonder what might have happened.  The truth is probably much more boring.  Such as a homeless guy curling up for the night on the grass and then dying in his sleep.  Letting the shop owners to find him or her in the morning.  So, that was my excitement for the day.  Just another day at the office.  Pretty crazy to think about.  I have never seen a dead body like that before.  A little disturbing actually. 

This Day In History: 1870
General Robert E. Lee, commander of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia, dies peacefully at his home in Lexington, Virginia.  He was 63 years old.

Born This Day: 1858
Isaac Newton Lewis - American army officer who invented the machine gun.

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."
-Demosthenes








This will be my first kid's first outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment