Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety One

Dear Readers,
      What a doozy of a first night on call.  I am just now getting "home" to my co workers apartment and settled in.  Well, not just getting here, but finally showered and feel a lot better now.  Hopefully I will not be called for the rest of the night.  I have enough hours for today, and I am beat tired.  It was nonstop all day long.  One bad job after another.  Breaking asphalt, breaking concrete, installing pipe, cleaning up muddy messes, filling back up the holes and compacting them.  Then there was problems that hindered our work to make it take even longer to finish everything.  Doing our own damage to the water lines while trying to dig down to them.  Even breaking water valves that are supposed to be in good operating condition.  So much for that!  We proved that wrong, didn't we?
      I'm already missing my wife today, and will miss her even more when I crash out and realize that she isn't there lying next to me like she normally is.  At least we were able to spend the whole night together yesterday.  Even if some of it was spent with me finishing my blog and finishing my packing for the week.  We did at least get to finish our puzzle.  That Star Wars puzzle Raina had picked up at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  Only problem we had with the puzzle, was that there happened to be a few missing pieces, and by few, I mean eight.  Yeah, it was pretty sad.  I really enjoyed making that puzzle with my wife.  Just bummed out to not have it totally complete.  I wonder if there is a site out there that sells missing pieces to puzzles.  There is something for everything out there, so why not for puzzles too?  Then I wouldn't have to get rid of that sweet puzzle.  Besides, I am not the type of person to give up anything that has Star Wars on it  Unfortunately, I can't keep everything.  So I am pretty sure that this puzzle is now garage sale fodder, just like it once was.  No wonder someone sold it to my wife so cheap.  It was incomplete.  Just have to find a new puzzle that is similar to the one we just completed.  More Star Wars puzzles.

This Day In History: 1888
The first issue of "National Geographic Magazine" was released at newsstands.

Born This Day: 1948
Margot Kidder - American actress

"Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them."
-Unknown Author







 Can you see the missing pieces?


No comments:

Post a Comment