Monday, October 22, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety Six

Dear Readers,
      I just talked the other day about how staying at my parents has been a really good experience.  Initially thinking that we weren't going to be able to handle the cramped quarters and having roommates for very long.  Then I went on to say that things were great and for the most part my parents have been wonderful.  Even to the point of thinking there was a possibility of staying a couple of months longer then anticipated to save even more money.  That was until today, when I realized how hard it is getting to be away from my wife for a whole week.  Usually when I leave for a week of standby, there is at least one day where we can meet up and have dinner together.  This week hasn't been so forgiving.  Raina was away in Oregon for more then half of the week and didn't get home until late last night.  Now here we are on Monday, planning on meeting up for a dinner together.  It was not to be, since this work phone does not want to quit ringing.  I got hung up at work and wasn't able to make it to dinner.  Instead, having to settle for a late dinner at Taco Bell in my dirty work clothes.  It was a bummer not being able to see my wife tonight and I know she was really bummed out too.  This will be the biggest reason why we need to hurry up and get our home.  If my parents lived close enough to my job, it probably wouldn't be a very big deal.  But leaving my wife for a week at a time is starting to take it's toll.  And to think, I have to do this again in three weeks.  Just another one of those things where I have to look at it as a means to an end.  After we finally get a home of our own, things like this will no longer be a problem.  We will have different problems then, like who is going to take the trash out and who is going to paint the spare room.  I prefer those kinds of problems as opposed to not being able to see my wife problems.  Only two more nights away.  I love you babe.

This Day In History: 1934
Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd, the notorious bank robber, was shot and killed by Federal agents in East Liverpool, OH.

Born This Day: 1938
Christopher Lloyd - American actor (Back to the Future)

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives."
- Abba Eban







Can't we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment