Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety Eight

Dear Readers,
      I am finally home and we are already fighting.  What happened to the loving wife that missed me so much and just wanted me home.  I can't believe we are fighting.  Okay, I am just messing around, but there is always tomorrow.  Again, kidding.  Thankfully, we have worked through our fighting stage in our life and have worked out most of the kinks in our relationship.  One of the greatest things about dating my wife for eleven years before getting married, is that you take out most of the surprises that most newlyweds have to deal with.  After eleven years of dating and figuring each other out in great detail and spending those years as each others best friends, we were left to a very smooth transition into our married life together.  So, finally getting to see each other today was a day we both were looking forward to.  What a great day.  Plus, I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, next to my wife.
      I originally thought it was going to be an evening of just Raina and I.  Maybe go out for dinner or something.  Our evening transformed from an evening date together into a family dinner with my sister, parents and three nephews.  Who happen to all be crazy when they are together.  Not my sister and parents that is, but l my nephews.  Running in circles around the house, screaming at the top of their lungs.  Gotta love my nephews..Raina and I picked up dinner for everybody at a little Mexican/Cuban place close to home here.  It was good food, but not great.  We all got the Mexican style food and now I want to go back to sample the Cuban food they make.  Try something totally new.  Some
      If you can't tell from my picture this week, I went out and got myself a haircut today.  I needed one pretty bad.  In fact, it had gotten so bad that I started to tell Raina that I was just going to grow my hair out to match the beard.  She didn't like that very much and had been troubling me for some time now.  So, I went out and had it all cut off.  So much that the back of neck actually feels colder.  I noticed the difference when I went out into the cold air.  It was a little bit sad losing all that hair.  Not really, I am just making it a bit sentimental.

This Day In History: 1901
Daredevil Annie Edson Taylor initiates a stunt tradition  when she goes over Niagara falls in a wooden barrel.

Born This Day: 1926
Y. A. Tittle - American professional football player.

"Education is not preparation for life.  Education is life itself."
-John Dewey







 He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment