Monday, October 29, 2012

Day Three Hundred Three

Dear Readers,
      The other day I had lunch with Brandon and Brooke.  After finishing up our lunch together, Brooke headed over to the Goodwill next door.  Hoping to find a costume, seeing as her and Brandon were planning on helping out with a church festival that day.  One of those festivals with games and free candy and food for all the local neighborhood.  They were encouraged to dress up for the event, seeing as they were helpers.  Brooke looked high and low, and then finally found a poodle skirt.  She planned on dressing up in a 50's getup, hoping that Brandon would follow suit.  Since it would be an easy costume for him to create.  Most guys have it in their closets already.  Just a matter of cuffing up your jeans with a white t-shirt tucked in.  Maybe a little extra gel in the hair with a comb and a pack of those bubble gum cigarette candies.  Simple, right?  Well, Brandon would have nothing to do with it.  Well, he didn't exactly say no, as much as he just made it clear that he didn't want to but would if Brooke pushed the matter.  Meaning that he wasn't going to do it, because Brooke wouldn't force him to do something he really didn't want to do.  Therefore, all that searching Brooke did, was all for naught, because she wasn't going to go dressed up while Brandon didn't.  What a party pooper Brandon was.  Yes, I am giving him a hard time for something this simple, because who doesn't like to dress up and have a good time.  Why not just let loose a little.  It isn't like he would have been the only one dressed up at the shindig.  If I had a place to go and dress up for, I would have loved to do it.  Just think about all the possibilities that could incorporate a beard.  I probably won't ever have a beard this long for Halloween again.  It would have been great to be a lumberjack or gold miner or Joaquin Phoenix when it seemed like he went crazy.  I'm not into the whole spirit of Halloween or anything, but I think it can be fun to dress up.  Some people come up with the craziest costumes.  Who wouldn't want to be Iron Man for one night.  I could have even been one of the crazy guys from Duck Dynasty.  I guess I will just have to get a fake beard for another time.  It just bummed me out to see Brandon not grasp at the opportunity to be Snake Eyes or Batman.  And he dragged Brooke into it with him.  Shame.  He he he.
      As a side note.  I am a huge Dodger fan and I HATE the Giants.  I am a bitter Dodger fan right now.  I refuse to give any credit or recognition to the Giants.  They got lucky and took advantage of it.  I HATE that they now have two World Series titles in the last three years.  Bitter bitter bitter.  I really need to see the Dodgers in the playoffs next year.  I have been waiting too long.  This is not some team in a small market with no money.  This is the Dodgers!  They are supposed to be the class of the west coast.  A west coast version of the Yankees, but with the Evil Empire stigma.  The family owned baseball team that has that magic to have amazing seasons.  I think I can trace back to when the magic actually left.  I want to say it was that fateful day the Dodgers traded away Mike Piazza.  That was the downward spiral that left us with so many depressing seasons.  I know the obvious choice would have been to say that it was after Kirk Gibson hit that miracle home run and the Dodgers came back to win the series in 1988.  I think there was still some magic left in the tank though.  When the Dodgers were sold to the dreaded FOX and Mike Piazza was traded away for nothing in return.  That was the two defining moments of when the downward spiral started.  I really hope this new ownership group does something to bring the magic back, and I'm not speaking in reference of Magic Johnson.  Some real baseball magic.  The Jackie Robinson, Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax kind of magic.  Don't waste Clayton Kershaw's and Matt Kemp's best years.  Please.

This Day In History: 1945
The first American ballpoint pen (an unauthorized knock-off of an invention by the Hungarian Laszlo Biro) goes on sale for $12.95 and rakes in $100,000 for its manufacturer.

Born This Day: 1947
Richard Dreyfuss - American actor (Mr. Holland's Opus)

"There are people who, instead of listening to what is being said to them, are already listening to what they are going to say themselves."
-Albert Guinon




Speaking of beards, this is a co worker of mine.  He has actually been growing it longer than me.  Beard Brothers to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment