Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day Two Hundred Ninety

Dear Readers,
     Well, with the impending departure from each other for the week, Raina and I celebrated her birthday tonight and spent some much needed quality time together.  Okay, I am a loser and didn't intentionally plan to go out for her birthday tonight, but she hinted at it a little today and I took the bait.  Besides, I really am going to miss her this week.  Usually when I go away for standby, she is at least nearby and I get to see her during the week while going out to eat or something.  I am thinking this might be the one time where we don't see each other at all while I am stuck working.  Kind of a bummer to be gone from my wife for so long.  Especially when it is for work.  Needless to say, it was good for both of us to spend some time out together.  I used it as a chance to celebrate a little for her birthday, which is coming up this Sunday.  I won't give away how old she is, I will just say that between the two of us, I am the younger one.  She robbed the cradle a little bit.  He he.  I like to give her a hard time about it for most of the year, but there is a period of right about three months where we are the same age.  That is her favorite time of the year.  It is about to switch and she will probably hit me for giving her a hard time about it. 
      For dinner tonight?  One of our favorite restaurants that we go to far less than we should.  Kabuki.  We are both sushi lovers and we are in fact members of a Kabuki club that allows you to build points for every dollar you spend there, eventually earning gift certificates to go back and eat even more sushi.  We love it because the prices are decent, the food is fresh and is always good quality.  We have never had to worry about getting a good or bad batch, because it is always great.  They also have one of the best deserts I have ever had.  A banana tempura with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, with drizzled caramel on top.  Yum.  It was another fantastic dinner of having our faces stuffed and tummies filled.  Just look at all the different sushi we ate together.  Even though I am pretty sure I had more than my share of it.
      Yup, we ate all that.  It was fantastic.  To go along with our little birthday celebration, I even gave Raina her birthday gift early.  I was going to make her wait until after she got back from Oregon, but I thought it would be fitting to give it to her tonight.  She had been talking about wanting to go see a certain band that is coming to the Hollywood Bowl for quite some time.  I never said anything about it to her.  I just listened when she would bring it up and I would stay silent about it.  Which isn't hard for me since I don't usually have much to say about anything.  Raina can vouch for me on that one.  If you haven't guess which band I am talking about yet, it is Mumford and Sons, who happen to be playing this Veterans Day, November 12th.  Which works out perfect, because I will have that Monday off of work and then the Tuesday as well, because I will be starting another standby for work.  It will be a great way to spend out time together just before I have to leave for one more week for the rest of the year.  She seemed really excited about it, so I hope it is a great concert for her.  Not to mention I happen to like this band as well, so we will both be looking forward to it.  Happy early birthday babe!

This Day In History: 1854
In response to a speech by his Illinois presidential rival, U.S. senator Stephen A. Douglas, Abraham Lincoln denounces slavery.

Born This Day: 1886
David Ben-Gurion - Israel's first prime minister

"In this world there are only two tragedies.  One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
-Oscar Wilde




So that's how they did it on Jurassic Park.  They just went to Ikea.  Cheaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment