Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty Seven

Dear Readers,
     The newest competitive game on my phone is a trivia game with friends.  I have been playing with Brandon, Brooke, and Raina.  I love trivia games.  All types.  Trivial Pursuit, Scene It, Outburst.  One of my favorite TV game shows is Jeopardy.  I don't get very many of the questions right while watching the show, but when I get a few of them it makes me feel smart.  Then I get that inkling of wanting to go on one of those shows.  It probably wouldn't work out as well as I imagine though.  My fantasy is that I go on the show and have a record breaking day.  Making a bunch of money.  Then I could be the new guy on Jeopardy to go on the show and make it multiple days of competing.  I would more likely get worked over the coals.  Making myself out to look like a fool.  I guess there is something about getting questions right that gives you that sense of feeling intelligent.  Even though most of the trivia questions are mostly useless information in the grand scheme of things.  Information that doesn't help that much in the game of life.  Either way, I still feel pretty awesome when I do well at any trivia game.
      I think the one game show I grew up with, dreaming of some day going on it, was The Price Is Right.  I used to think it was one of the coolest game shows.  Bob Barker made that show awesome and it seemed like just about everyone that went on that show came out with some great prizes.  It was always cool to see Bob announce the chance for someone to "Win a new car!".  If I ever had the chance to go on that show, my dream day would be a game of Plinko, getting to spin the big wheel and getting a buck, and going to the Showcase Showdown.  It was either Plinko or the one where the yodeler climbs the mountain and the closer you get him to the top without going over meant more money in your pocket.  I just don't have a crazy enough personality to get picked to go on that show.  You have to be part crazy to get on that show.  Loud and boisterous.  Telling Bob Barker how much you love him.  I don't even think I could fake it long enough to get on there.  I wish I could though.  It would be so awesome to finally here Rod Roddy announce "David Ortega come on down!".  Probably only in my dreams though.

This Day In History: 1792
The cornerstone is laid for a presidential residence in the newly designated capital city of Washington D.C.

Born This Day: 1925
Margaret Thatcher - Great Britain's first female prime minister.

"Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers."
-Voltaire








Fitting shirt for me, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment