Monday, October 15, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty Nine

Dear Readers,
     I had a pleasant day off with my wife today.  She didn't have any work today and I just so happened to have it off in lieu of me supposed to be having this Friday off.  Since I start another week of being on call for work this Wednesday, I will have the truck this off Friday.  So what they do is trade your day off to Monday.  All that to say, here I am at home spending the day with my beautiful bride.  Who also happens to be leaving me this weekend.  Okay, she isn't just leaving me, it is more like we are leaving each other.  I am heading to a co workers house for the week and she is taking off to visit some friends in Oregon on Thursday.  The funny thing is, that it was originally supposed to be just her flying out on her own for four days.  It has turned into an all out girls weekend road trip.  This road trip now includes my sister Yoli, and three other friends.  Liz, Lisa and Kelly.  I don't know how it all worked out, but it has become a convention.  It is probably a combination of people inviting themselves and getting asked.  I am just messing around.  Raina asked all of them and she is happy to be having a girls weekend.  Getting out of my parents house and going to a place that is a little cooler in temperature then down here.  Which by they way, I can't believe after getting nice and cool for a few days it is now getting back to being super hot already.  Come back rain.  Back to my day with Raina.  We spent it any other way we would love to spend our free days.  At least the morning part that is.  No, we didn't go out to some fancy breakfast.  No, we didn't go to the beach.  No, we didn't go out shopping for anything.  We had a wonderful morning making our bodies ache at the gym.  I had originally thought I would get back into working out at the gym on a regular basis after I got done with my standby for work.  The thought was that I wouldn't get much time to do any type of working out other than digging holes and installing pipe, but she mentioned that she would want to go in the morning.  I am not one to really discourage working out, because I could use any motivation I can get.  Even if it's as simple as the motivation of knowing my wife wants to go so that I go with her, it works for me.  After a pretty good work out, especially after being pretty lazy for the last three weeks or so, my body is holding up pretty well.  I have a feeling that it is the lull of comfort before the real pain starts tomorrow.  I will pay for it, I know.  A price well worth paying.  Besides, I paid it with Raina.  And then bummed around the house for the rest of the day.  Our kind of day.

This Day In History: 1878
American inventor Thomas Edison opens the Edison Electric Company, with funding help from J. P. Morgan and other investors.

Born This Day: 1959
Sarah Ferguson - Duchess of York
1991 - Michael John Hernandez (My goofy and talented cousin)

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower








Maybe the same Ikea that sells the DeLorean sells this as well.  That would be doubly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment