Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighty Three

Dear Readers,
      The fact that Raina's car is a lemon has revealed itself to us again. Rearing it's ugly head in the form of the check engine light. Every time something gets fixed on that car, it is a matter of possibly a month or so when something else needs to get fixed. I had to take it back into the shop for what seemed like the same trouble code. I already had to have the catalytic converter replaced three times within the last year. They weren't all paid for by me. Apparently after having it replaced three months before, they told me they weren't going to charge me to replace the bad catalytic converter they installed. So here I am taking Raina's car in again. They told me it was a different trouble code this time. Which meant they had to run a whole new diagnostic to find out the problem. I can't believe it was $100 just for them to tell me what was wrong with it. The. Want to charge me even more to actually fix the problem. I was close to just picking up the car and getting a diagnosis somewhere else.  Then, after having the car almost the whole day, considering I took it in as soon as they opened at 8:00AM, they call me at 4:00PM to let me know that the only problem they could find was a leaky gas cap.  Asking if I wanted them to replace it.  At that point, I just threw up my hands and told them, "Sure, why not?".  What a freaking expensive gas cap that became.  Totaling out to $115 all together.  I don't think I will ever be taking that car to that Goodyear ever again.  The only reason I had been taking it there, is because back when Raina's clutch went out while trying to get onto the freeway, that was the closest garage to take it to with the free miles from AAA.  I just keep taking it back again and again, because it was like the problem was still lingering from that moment when they originally worked on it.  I don't care at this point.  Unless I take it somewhere else and they tell me the newest catalytic converter is bad already.  I don't ever want to deal with those guys.  They best they could help me out, was by telling me they were going to give me a ten percent discount because I work for the local city.  Whatever.  It was still way overpriced for the whole thing.  Ridiculous.  I should get out of my job and open up a garage to gouge people for simple jobs on their vehicles.  That seems to be where the money is at.  Especially in this day in age, where everyone is keeping their vehicles longer because of the bad economy.  Just means more trips to the local garage for repairs and maintenance.  Might as well jump in and make a quick buck off all the poor people that don't understand a thing about their vehicle.  Ridiculous.

This Day In History: 1936
Hoover Dam, tallest in the world at the time, begins sending electricity over transmission lines spanning 266 miles of mountains and deserts to run the lights, radios, and stoves of Los Angeles, California.

Born This Day: 1903
Walter O'Malley - American baseball team owner (Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers)

"Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't."
-Oskar Schindler








Remember this the next time you go camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment