Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day Two Hundred Twenty Six

Dear Readers,
      Here we are almost two-thirds of the way through the year.  My beard is a mess of hair and my blog is starting to feel like a drag for me.  I would compare it to baseballs term of "the dog days of summer".  I have talked about almost all the topics that come to my mind and am finding that my daily blog is mostly a recap of what I did during the day.  Even if my day was boring and I didn't do much, I find myself trying to stretch it out as long as possible on the blog.  I think one of my biggest problems is not being able to do them until late at night and I am already falling asleep by then.  Procrastinating used to work out for me in my youth.  Now, not so much.  I feel like finishing my blogs are starting to drag.  Right now is a perfect example.  I just fell asleep while trying to type this up.  Falling asleep with heavy hands on the keys is not a good combination.  Leaving random letters on my screen to wake up to.  I am going to have to set aside a little more time and a little earlier time for typing about my daily subject. 
      There I go again.  I really need some sleep and am afraid I won't wake up again without having my laptop fall off my lap.  So sleep, here I come.

This Day In History: 1915
A bullet fired by a German sniper enters the barrel of the rifle held by English soldier Private W. J. Smith, who had been about to shoot at the sniper.  The rifle was badly damaged, but Private Smith was unharmed.

Born This Day: 1912
Ben Hogan - American golf champion.

"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
-Alfred Hitchock



No comments:

Post a Comment