Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day Two Hundred Thirty Nine

Dear Readers,
      I can't believe the immediate impact that the latest trade had on the Dodgers.  I don't think it could have turned out any better last night.  For Adrian Gonzalez to come in, fresh off a flight from Boston, and hit a clutch three run bomb like that, is surreal.  I guess he is comfortable playing at Dodger stadium, considering he had plenty of experience from his years as a Padre.  I mean, the guy belongs here in Southern California.  Have you seen that Mexigoatee he has.  He is built for Southern Cali and we are glad to have him here.  I am counting on many more clutch hits before the year is out.
      Yesterday, we lost an American hero.  Neil Armstrong, the first person to walk on the moon.  Unless you are one of those conspiracy theorists who believe the moon landing was faked.  This man was one of my idols growing up.  For those of you who don't know, I grew up wanting to be a pilot.  Not just any pilot flying for American Airlines or something of that nature, but a fighter pilot.  I wanted to go to the Air Force Academy and fly jets.  A bold venture, but that would have been just the beginning.  Eventually I would have wanted to work my way into NASA.  I wanted to be an astronaut.  I don't know how realistic that would have been for me, but it was my childhood dream.  Growing up, I had gone to a museum that had a life size replica of what the inside of the cockpit of a NASA space shuttle was like.  They let you go inside and sit in the pilots chair.  I remember sitting inside of there and looking at the millions of buttons, switches and knobs and thinking that it would be so cool to know what every one of them does.  To be able to fly a space shuttle would have been amazing.  It just gave me great respect for our astronauts, especially guys like Neil Armstrong, who flew into space before all the advanced computer systems that we now have the luxury of having.  I am probably better off with my feet firmly on the ground though.  Who knows, I may have already killed myself by now.  I find that I don't enjoy roller coasters as much as when I was younger and have a harder time dealing with them as I get older.  Maybe that would have hindered being an astronaut, or maybe I would have become more accustomed to things like that.  Dealing with G forces.  It was just one of my many dreams and wishes growing up, but probably one of my greatest dreams and wishes.
      By the way, I just found out that Vin Scully has announced he will not retire after this year and will return for the 2013 season.  He is rejuvenated by the new ownership and wants to see a championship brought back to the Dodgers.  It really has been a wonderful two days to be a Dodger fan.  I am so excited to see our future and will be cheering them on proudly.  Thank you God for answering my prayers.

This Day In History: 1939
The first televised major league baseball games were shown. The event was a double-header between the Cincinnati Reds and the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Born This Day: 1910
Mother Teresa (Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu)

" It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer."
-Albert Einstein








He doesn't have a beard, but he has one of the coolest names ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment