Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Two Hundred Forty Two

Dear Readers,
     After finally being done with my stand by, I got to take off from work early today.  One whole hour early and I relished every minute of it.  Getting to come "home" to our stay-cation house and getting to spend the evening with Raina.  She made some of her fantastically delicious home made hamburger patties.  I got to grill them up while she baked some potatoes as a side.  It was my kind of evening.  Just relaxing at home, grilling up some dinner, hanging with my wife and vegging out to Casablanca.  It has been a really long time since I have seen that movie.  I remember really enjoying that movie and I was reminded of that tonight.  Humphrey Bogart is the coolest guy.  It makes me want to open up a club and be the cool guy in town.  I would have to find my own "Sam" though.  It just wouldn't be right without one.  The movie has cool characters and even a World War II subplot.  Playing to my intense interest in that historical period.  You really have to love those old movies.  There are so many good ones that don't get the credit they deserve.  A time before all the special effects that now dominate movies.  Don't get me wrong, I love an explosion and effects as much as the next guy, but there was really something special about those old black and white movies.  They seem to be going the way of the dinosaur though.  Nobody watches them anymore.  I'm afraid that the next generation will have lost touch with them almost completely.  Never getting to appreciate all those great movies, or even worse, finding them to be boring and unnecessary.  How tragic that would be.  Parents, don't let that happen.  Share those great classics with your children.  Pass on the quality and hopefully it will outweigh the quantity we have now.

This Day In History: 1957
Senator Strom Thurmond of South Carolina set a filibuster record in the U.S. when he spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes.

Born This Day: 1938
Elliott Gould - American actor

"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress."
- Alfred A. Montapert







Delicious home made burgers.  I love my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment