Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Two Hundred Forty One

Dear Readers,
     It was a long day at work.  So long that I didn't even have time to do my blog.  I was at work for seventeen and a half hours straight.  My last night of being on call.  I guess I had to go out on a bang, so to speak.  I tried to come home and type something short and sweet.  Unfortunately, I had some computer work to do for my job.  I was dozing off just trying to finish that.  It was after midnight after all.  I think I got as far as "Dear Readers" before I fell asleep.  I gave up after that.  I couldn't hang after working as many hours as I did over this last week.  I think the grand total for the week was about eighty six hours in one week.  Now it is time to just enjoy the house sitting, air conditioner and hanging out with my wife. 

This Day In History: 1963
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., gave his "I Have a Dream" speech at a civil rights rally in Washington, DC.  More than 200,000 people attended.

Born This Day: 1958
Scott Hamilton - American gold medalist figure skater.

"If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working on hard enough problems. And that’s a big mistake."
- Frank Wilczek







 Just replace "girlfriend" with "wife".

No comments:

Post a Comment