Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day Two Hundred Thirty One

Dear Readers,
      I was able to take out my new golf driver out for a complete test run today.  I played in a tournament with my father in law, Mark, and my two brother in laws, Brent and Brandon.  I nice four man scramble that we have played for about four years straight now.  Unfortunately it wasn't a great day of golf.  I think it is going to take a little bit to figure out this new driver.  It took nearly a year before I had a good handle on my previous driver, so we shall see how long it takes before I get a handle on this new one.  I think I sliced every one of my drives today.  It was pretty depressing.  It swings really nicely and I feel like I make good contact, I just couldn't get it to go straight.  Not that the rest of my game was any good today.  Mark likes to blame my beard anytime I do poorly while golfing.  He says that it weighs my head down and doesn't allow proper rotation, or something like that.  I think he is just jealous of my beard.
        Brandon also got to finally try out his new driver on the course.  He wasn't looking much better than me though.  Growing pains of having a new club.  Brandon's driver is all white.  The club head, the shaft and the grip are all completely white.  Brandon likes to call it his "long sword", but I think I may have come up with a better name for it.  I call it "White Snake".  To the point that every time he went up to tee off, I would make a hissing noise in honor of his club.  I think the name is fitting, because you never know when it is going to strike.  It could happen at any time and Brandon could have a huge drive.  We are still waiting for it to strike, so I guess Brandon and I should spend some time at the driving range to work on our swings.
      After a long hot day at a golf tournament, I came home and went straight to the gym.  I figured I better go right away, or I wasn't going to make it at all.  Another day of training to be ready for that Spartan Race.  Running, squats, calf raises and some ab workouts.  Have to get rid of that gut that is really getting in my way.  My stomach is completely sore from the workouts I have been doing.  Makes me feel a little bloated.  I can't wait to be rid of the gut hanging over the belt line.

This Day In History: 1982
The volume on the New York Stock Exchange topped the 100-million level for the first time at 132.69 million shares traded.

Born This Day: 1937
Robert Redford - American actor

"The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people."
-Woodrow Wilson








Righteous Bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment