Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Two

Dear Readers,
      Our last day in Sycuan Valley.  Our last round of golf and then back to reality tomorrow.  It was a really great weekend of golf and hanging out with the guys.  Not much relaxing though.  I was so tired yesterday, that I actually fell asleep while doing the blog.  That is why I didn't have it done yesterday.  I probably could have forced myself to finish, but I ran out of internet time at the hotel and didn't want to pay for another day to only use it for a few minutes to post the blog.  It was such a long day.  We left the hotel at about 5:45AM and got back in at about 10:00PM.  It was a really long day.  Now I am home and ready to sleep in my own bed tonight.
      One last round of golf, and it was my best one yet.  I can actually say that I improved with each round of golf.  Not a moment too soon too.  I played terrible golf on Friday and it wasn't much better Saturday morning.  I played fairly well with our group Saturday afternoon and finally a decent round of golf today.  It was such a relief to finally show that I actually could play a little golf.  Instead of the massacre of a game I was showing.  At least I made it through the whole weekend without having to drop my pants to the ground. 
      Well, after the weekend of golf was all said and done, I finished with a couple of awards.  They gave out a few prizes, but I missed the presentation.  So, I missed what I had won them for, but my understanding is that it was for doing really bad.  I won a free golf bag and five bucks for my awful play.  I also won a pair of special blue sunglasses that are supposed to help you find your ball when you hit it in the rough.  It is supposed to make the ball stand out in the dark grass.  You would think a bright white ball would stand out enough in green grass.  I don't know how it works or if it works, but they make everything blue and if it does work then I will definitely be using them.  If they don't work then I can use them as my Blu Blockers, even though Blu Blockers aren't actually blue.  Weird huh? 
      So now I am home and back to real life.  Enjoying the company of my wife as we had dinner at La Capilla and did some shopping at Trader Joe's.  I am blessed with the best wife in the world.

This Day In History: 1752
American inventor Benjamin Franklin's kite is struck by lightning, leading him to develop theories of electricity.

Born This Day: 1922
Judy Garland - American singer and actress (The Wizard of Oz)

"Be a first-rate version of yourself , not a second-rate version of somebody else."
-Judy Garland








Ha ha.  I love beards.

No comments:

Post a Comment