Monday, June 18, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventy

Dear Readers,
      It has been a long day at work.  Have you ever seen that movie Office Space?  Today I definitely had a case of the "Mondays".  I did not want to be there.  Even after the three day weekend, I did not want to be at work today.  Oh well, only two more days of work for me this week.
      Thankfully the evening was much better than work was.  We are back on our Monday night dinners with Chris and Liz.  We haven't really been doing them the last four or five months.  We have just been too busy.  It seemed like we could never get past the point when we didn't have something going on.  Well our Monday night was free and it was dinner over at their house.  We didn't have to prepare or cook anything.  It was fantastic.  Just show up, enjoy the company, eat delicious food and then cap the night off with some Monopoly Deal.  If you don't know what that is, I recommend it.  Lots of fun to play with a small group, and doesn't take nearly as long as real Monopoly takes.  It is just a simple card game, with lots of backstabbing and maneuvering.  Anything that takes a little strategy to win is geared towards me.  By the way, it was Ortega domination tonight.  Out of five games played, Raina won twice and I won three times.  We owned the Allens tonight. 
      It's pretty late and I'm pretty tired, so I am cutting it short tonight.  Have to get up early and I can feel myself willing myself to sleep in and call in sick.  I can't though.  I don't want to miss any more work then I have to over the next few months.  I am already taking a day off this week anyways.  So, that means early to bed so I can be early to rise.  Goodnight everyone.

This Day In History: 1873
For attempting to vote in the 1872 election, suffragist Susan B. Anthony is fined $100, which she never pays.

Born This Day:  1942
Sir Paul McCartney - English musician and songwriter, member of the Beatles.
1977 - Michael Brunenkant  Happy Birthday my fellow Star Wars/Superheroes/Comic Book/LOTR/etc Fan!!

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
-Sir Winston Churchill





This is what Mike got for his birthday.  All I have to say is "Jealous".  You have an awesomely creative wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment