Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty One


Dear Readers,
      I was paid a great compliment this weekend on my beard.  Okay, it wasn’t meant to be a compliment, but I am going to tell everyone that it was meant to be.  One of the guys here this weekend, whom I golfed with today, told everyone that the reason I spent so much time in the sand was because I was an Arab and I was trying to find oil every time I had to hit out of the sand.  He then proceeded to ask everyone if I stopped in the middle of the greens, and put a rug down and start bowing to the East.  You can call me Captain Arab now.  Yeah, the guy I golfed with, who happens to be named David too, was some character.  He definitely made my terrible golf game more enjoyable. 
      We played two rounds of golf today.  The first was a solo game, while the second was a best ball scramble.  Meaning that everyone hits and then you use the best ball for the next shot.  With two whole rounds of golf today, that gave me plenty of opportunity to screw up and not hit past the ladies tees.  Fortunately for myself and everyone behind me, it didn’t happen.  It came real close though.  On the best ball scramble round, if anyone on your team fails to hit past the ladies tee, then the whole team takes their next shot with their pants down.  My father in law Mark almost blew it for us on the first hole, with everyone watching.  He hit it to the far left, right into the skinniest palm tree I have ever seen.  He couldn’t have hit that same palm tree again if he had one hundred chances.  That ball almost bounced right back to our side of the ladies tees.  It actually looked like it did and we were thinking that we were going to get a cold breeze during the next shot, but when you walked out to it, it was just past.  Thankfully.  It was a lot of fun, and it was great to play with Brandon, Brent and my father in law. Especially when Brent gets a little wild and rowdy on the golf carts.  I think we bumped each other about fifty times.  Riding alongside each other and pushing each others carts.  Riding over each others golf balls.  Even getting up behind his cart with my own and pushing it along, only to have him put it in reverse and push back.  It caused the tires to skid out and neither one of us was giving up on pushing each other out of the way.  We heard some of the other guys asking about the squealing tires, because they had heard it all over the course.  The best part had to be as Brent was chasing me while I was trying to get his ball before he could get it.  I tried to do a drive by while I leaned out of the cart at full speed to snatch it on the go.  Brent was right behind me and attempted the same thing, to keep the ball away from me.  It didn't work out so well for him.  I watched as he leaned just a little too far out from the cart, falling right out onto the ground on all fours.  Leaving the cart to drive on it's own for a while with Brandon as the passenger.  It was the funniest thing I had seen all weekend.  I wish I had a video of it or was quick enough to get a picture of Brent on the ground.  I guess he should have really listened to the suggestion on the cart saying to keep hands and arms inside the cart when driving at all times.  Ha ha ha.  I really had more fun messing around then actually playing the round of golf.  There was also the part where Brent and I were playing hockey with golf clubs and a golf ball as the puck.  Trying to keep the ball from each other, right up until he smacked my shin with his club.  It hurt so freaking bad.  It was in pain for at least the next five holes.  Thanks Brent.  

This Day In History: 1934
Donald Duck makes his first film appearance in The Wise Little Hen, a short by Walt Disney.

Born This Day: 1961
Michael J. Fox - Canadian actor (Back to the Future)

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game.It is called an eraser."
-Arnold Palmer


Kings lost so I'm upset.


My broken club from yesterday and a few pictures of us golfing.
So Sad.

My father in law, Mark.

Brandon

Brent.  What is he doing?

Brandon and I.  Yarr matey!

No comments:

Post a Comment