Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Four

Dear Readers,
      Raina has been trying to decide what to do for my 30th birthday for the last couple of months.  At least when I say trying to decide I mean she has been asking me over and over again what I want to do.  My tactic has been to tell her something different every time she asks me.  Without giving her a hint of certainty to any particular decision.  She has been growing increasingly frustrated with me.  Even to the point of violence.  She hit me a couple of times yesterday when she asked me and I told her about three different options.  She is determined to do something though.  The truth is, that it is my birthday and I don't want to decide what to do for my birthday.  I am perfectly happy with any one of the many possibilities she has suggested, or I have suggested to her.  My initial thought is to go away for the weekend somewhere, maybe a golf trip or Vegas or something.  Then I think that there would be plenty of people that I would like to have around that couldn't afford to do something like that.  Then maybe a party, but then all the stress of planning and putting it together goes on Raina.  Not to mention the whole paying for the whole thing.  Then maybe going out to dinner somewhere, but then when you go with a big enough group you only get to talk to the people you sit next to and don't get to really hang out with everyone.  So that is why I leave it to Raina to decide, even though I know she doesn't want to.  Besides, like I already said, I will be happy with whatever we happen to do. 
      I know Raina must be stressing a little.  Today she posted on Facebook, asking what she should do for my birthday.  Now she has even more ideas to sift through.  Everyone is putting their two cents in and reasons for why their idea is such a good idea.  I even added a few comments.  Mostly that a good nap or apple pie would be great for my birthday.  Nothing serious.  It sure is fun to make things just a little bit difficult for my wife.  That is just one of the many reasons why I love her, because she can handle my sarcasm and difficulty that I give her.  At least most of the time she can.  Sometimes I am just unbearable.  So because I can be so difficult and I know she is getting frustrated with me over this birthday mess, I will give her a strong indication as to what should be done for my birthday.  That is if she reads tonight's blog and finds out.  He he.  I think her idea she proposed to me of a bonfire at the beach would be fantastic.  It is cheap, lots of people can go and it isn't far.  Sounds like fun.  Maybe play a little football, do a little swimming and even cook some hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire.  Then we could do a little trip to Laughlin to do a cheap trip with seadoos, sports betting, buffets, maybe movies and some apple pie.  With ice cream.  Definitely ice cream.  Kind of get the best of both worlds.  And not spend too much money in the process.  I love you babe and I hope you read this to finally find out what I think we should do.  Happy Birthday to me in July I guess. 

This Day In History: 1931
American gangster Al Capone, who recently spent a year in prison on weapons charges, is arrested with 68 of his mob for breaking Prohibition laws.

Born This Day: 1929
Anne Frank - German diarist and holocaust victim.

"We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."
-Anne Frank




Even Family Guy encourages beards.

No comments:

Post a Comment