Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventy Six

Dear Readers,
      Well it turns out that I made a mistake and Brooke is not in fact a fan of O-Town.  My efforts were misplaced and I hope I didn't tarnish her reputation by announcing to the world that she was a fan.  If I had realized how adamantly she was opposed to the autograph then I would not have wasted the poor guys time.  He was probably just excited that somebody recognized him.  Maybe we made his day by asking for an autograph.  Have to look for the silver lining in everything.  Sorry Brooke.  I guess it is no on O-Town but yes on Harry Potter.
      It was a pretty long day today.  Church in the morning, then lunch, then a trip to Barnes and Noble, then dinner with Raina's uncle from Texas and finally picking up Raina's dad from the airport.  Finally getting home at 9:00PM or so.  I have to say, going to book stores has to be one of my favorite things to do.  We spent about three hours there and I could have spent another three hours there.  What takes up about half the time is just checking out all the cool magazines.  There are so many different topics that you can read about.  Places to camp, new technology, sports, food, movies, television, luxury houses, music, cars, history, business, current events and so much more.  Who needs a magazine subscription when you can just go to Barnes and Noble to catch up on all the current events and hottest new recipes.  I read about new movies coming out, the latest backpacking gear for when I finally go hiking again, a new article on Matt Kemp in ESPN the mag and the best parks in the country to visit.  Made me want to hurry up and do some traveling.  Makes you think a little about how many awesome places there is to see here in the United States.  Our first instinct is that we want to get out of the country, but there really is so much to see and do here.  Without having to have a passport.  If only I could find a job that pays to read books and travel.  That would be awesome.  Maybe if I was a descriptive writer, then I could travel writing reviews on books and places to see.  Maybe I should forget the engineering classes and just take English and writing classes.  Work on my grammar a little bit and expand my vocabulary.  Kind of amazing to think how a simple topic of talking about a trip to Barnes and Noble changes into changing my career.  My mind just goes all over the place. 
      Just like how it switches gears into our dinner at Marri's.  Great Italian restaurant in Anaheim, right by Disneyland.  If you like Italian food for a decent price, you have to check this place out.  All you people with Disneyland passes who are in the area anyways, check it out some time.  If you go with enough people, then you can sit at the "Godfather" table.  It is a table slightly secluded with a bunch of framed pictures from the movie The Godfather.  Either way, great food. 

This Day In History:1894
An international agreement that the Olympic games will resume in modern competition is signed.

Born This Day: 1895
Jack Dempsey - American world heavyweight champion boxer.

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see."
-Sir Winston Churchill







Listen to the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment