Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifty Seven

Dear Readers,
      It was family night tonight.  All my nephews and niece under one roof for dinner.  Raina made her fantastic Parmesan Chicken.  Delicious.  The one really great thing about living here with my parents is getting to see the family more.  Which we may get tired of quickly, but for now I am going to enjoy it.  Even though poor Micah was sick tonight, which made him act like a brat for most of the night.  Except for the very end when he sat with me and watched different videos on Raina's phone.  Mostly the few videos of himself running around and acting crazy.  I can't believe how well he understands how to use the iPhone and iPad.  He can navigate them to know exactly what he is looking for.  Whether it is video games or pictures or Curious George shows or homemade movies.  He loves to flip through the pictures and videos.  The only problem is that he flips through everything that way.  Starts a game, ends a game.  Starts something new and as quickly as he started it, he ends it even quicker.  That little kid is going to be a technology geek. 
      Well, tomorrow is Raina and my anniversary.  Two whole years together.  So we are going to make it a really special night out.  We are headed to The Penalty Box across from Staples Center to watch the Stanley Cup game.  We are hoping to be there when the Kings sweep the series for the cup.  A little superstition on the part of our friends Josh and Melissa may have played a part in it.  Either way, it looks as though it is going to be crazy over there tomorrow.  I am sure there are going to be a ton of people and a ton of screaming and a ton of Kings support.  I could not believe how much tickets are going for.  I went online to see, just in case there was a possibility of buying some tickets.  Fat chance.  The cheapest seats available were $1,400.  That is insane.  The Kings winning their first Stanley Cup and a possibility of doing it at home have driven the prices through the roof.  We will just have to settle on a watch party across the street.  This is a once in a lifetime thing, and we want to be a part of it.  I am hoping it is just a prelude to the Dodgers championship this year.  Either way, I don't think we will forget this anniversary in a long time.  You can always guarantee it will be memorable.  Anybody have some tickets they want to sell for maybe $100 each?  I could afford that, maybe.  Maybe a scalper will be looking to get rid of some tickets half way through the game and we can sit through the last period at least.  Be inside for the crowd going nuts as they receive the cup.  I have faith.  The Kings are going to make it a sweep.  I have been calling it since before the series started and I am holding to it.  Then I can cash in that ticket.  Looking forward to an awesome time with my wife.  She is the best thing that has happened to me. 

This Day In History: 1968
Senator Robert Kennedy is assassinated after winning the California presidential primary. 

Born This Day: 1723
Adam Smith - Scottish philosopher and author.

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience."
-Adam Smith








Have to love these kids.
Starting them young.



No comments:

Post a Comment