Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Five

Dear Readers,
      Now that it is summer time, there is plenty of sun out for getting a tan.  All the pasty white people come out of their homes and start on those summer outdoor activities.  Including going to the beach and laying out to get a little sun.  Fortunately for me, I get plenty of sun at work.  Considering that I work outdoors just about all day.  Unfortunately for me, I have to wear a buttoned shirt, which leaves me a v-neck tan line.  Then I have an awesome sock tan line.  It is a double tan line.  One from wearing shorts at work, which is higher because I have to wear steel toe boots, and then one from every day wearing shorts with ankle socks.  Now add to that a sandal tan line that is soon to come.  Now is when I start wearing my Rainbows.  The real strong tan line is the ankle socks one.  It looks like I am wearing ankle socks even when I am barefoot.  I look pretty funny whenever I am out swimming with my white v-neck shirt and ankle socks in the pool.  It just means I need to spend a little more time at the beach or in the pool to counteract all the bad tanning I get at work.
      As I am typing this up, my nephew Joseph is across the table with a coloring book having a normal conversation with me.  He is four, telling me about how they tried to go to Disneyland, but their passes were blocked.  Then he proceeds to tell me how his favorite rides are Star Tours, the Haunted Mansion, and Winnie the Pooh.  He said Star Tours first, which makes him a child after my own heart.  That happens to be my favorite ride too.  Even if I have never been the rebel spy while riding it and Raina has been the rebel spy twice.  The whole family is over tonight for family dinner.  We get to enjoy the delicacies of Yoli's cooking.  It is bacon cheeseburgers and french fries for dinner, and peach crisp with ice cream for desert.  Yum.  I really love my sister's peach crisp.  It has to be one of my all time favorite deserts.  Which is really saying something, because I am not really a desert person.  I would just as soon have another helping of dinner before getting some desert.  Not when there is peach crisp though.  There will be no left overs of desert after tonight.  I can guarantee that.  I expect it to be an evening filled with little kids running around the house and stuffing our faces.  Probably some kids movies playing in the background and little kids screaming.  Maybe a little bit of crying.  One of the kids is bound to get hit by something or someone.  Three little boys makes it almost a guarantee.  Looking forward to it.

This Day In History:1935
American boxer James Braddock defeats Max Baer to win the world heavyweight boxing championship.

Born This Day: 1881
Lois Weber - First American female film director.

“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game”
-Babe Ruth




Some peaceful pictures of the kids.  It is still early.



And another of all the women in the kitchen helping out.  Love having the family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment