Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day One Hundred Thirty Nine

Dear Readers.
      Busy busy busy busy.  This weekend is going to be non stop.  It was a day of reserving our storage unit, and then finding a cheaper one online.  Then calling Verizon to get our Fios transferred over.  Talking to my parents to make sure we are prepared for moving day.  Shopping for a laptop at Best Buy, only to decide I am not ready to purchase a laptop.  I have to ask my parents if it is okay that I use theirs in the meantime.  Then off to a delightful dinner and betting on the ponies.  You heard me right.  I was betting on the ponies at Los Alamitos Race Track.  Raina and I were out for one of my co worker's birthdays.  I have never been to a race track like that before.  It was a lot of fun to learn the different bets you can make.  Just another way to get my gambling fix in.  Having it so close may not be a good thing.  At least I don't have to catch a flight and get a hotel to have a little gambling fun.  Having some money on the line sure does make it about 100x more exciting.  I am definitely going to have to do that again.  Even though I didn't win a dang thing.  Came close a couple of times.  Either way, it was a few hours of entertainment and I only lost $20 in betting losses.  Thank you for the $1 bets with decent payouts.  Obviously you can see why the payouts are pretty good, it is hard to predict.  Oh well, $20 for the entertainment is worth it.  The money we spent on the dinner though, I think could have been better.  I shouldn't say that.  My Cajun Halibut was really good, I just feel like there should have been more for the price that we paid.  Next time, head to the Costco for a $1.50 hotdog and soda and then walk right over to the race track.  Even if you don't win anything, you will probably spend less then you would have going to a Dodger or Angel game or Lakers game.  It is something different too, which is nice.  Who wants to join me next time?

This Day In History: 1980
A massive volcanic eruption of Mount St. Helens in southwestern Washington devastates 210 square miles of wilderness, leaving 57 dead or missing.  The volcano had erupted periodically during the past 4,500 years, the last active period being between 1831 and 1857.

Born This Day: 1897
Frank Capra - Academy Award winning Italian born director.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the lord makes so many of them."
-Abraham Lincoln








No picture tonight, me need sleepy.  I'm so tired with another really busy day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. ive always wanted to bet on the ponies!!! heard its a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete