Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifty One

Dear Readers,
      As I am writing at this very moment, my mother and sister, Melissa, are cleaning up throw up, courtesy of my nephew Joshua.  My mom had just left to take my sister and nephews home, and not five minutes later, she came pulling back up into the driveway with Joshua crying.  He was carried sleeping to the car and on the way home, decided he was tired of carrying his dinner in his stomach and expelled it into the car.  Poor kid.  Melissa must have given him something bad to eat.  Just one more reason why I am not fully ready to become a dad yet, throw up.  The other is the diapers full of hot chocolate soft serve.  I am no where near ready to do that again.  Like I have said, having nephews and nieces are great.  You just get them all riled up and sugared up and when the diaper is stinky, you hand them to their parents.  Or when the kid gets out of control, back to the parents.  Being an uncle is all the fun stuff and when the going gets tough, back to the parents. 
      Kings won the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals today.  I am three King's wins away from my big payoff.  Not to mention, I am enjoying figuring out the game and getting excited to watch the games.  Even if you aren't a hockey fan, you have to love the big playoff hits.  They are as brutal as some of the hardest football hits I have seen, if not harder.  Playoffs in any sport increases the intensity and the excitement.  Go Kings!!
      Tonight was Costco Night for Raina and I.  We have recently started a night, once a week or once every other week, to go shopping at Costco with Chris and Liz.  They have the Costco card, so we tag along to get in on some great deals.  Our usual items are the frozen chicken tenders and a bag of uncooked tortillas.  Raina uses the chicken in at least half of the meals she cooks and the tortillas are the closest I have tasted to my grandmother's homemade tortillas that she used to make while growing up.  Tortillas go with just about everything too.  Breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Shopping at Costco can be dangerous though.  There are so many things to browse there.  I bought two pairs of shorts the last time we went and then bought another pair this time.  You can't have enough pairs over the summer.  They are just such a great price.  At the local PacSun, they would cost another fifteen bucks.  Now they have gift cards that you can buy, at discounted rates.  $100 for $80 on certain things, like restaurants.  Those could come in really handy.  They really do have just about everything at Costco, and if they don't, then they have it online.  I saw the sign they had up telling that there was more on their website.  You could go to Costco and have pictures printed while you are doing your eye exam.  Then order a new garage door and follow it up with some new counter tops.  Maybe even pick up a surf board for when you purchase a travel package from there at the same time.  Just so many reasons why Costco is fantastic.  These regular trips to Costco are going to be dangerous for me.  I can just see it.  I can see now why I never had a Costco card before.

This Day In History: 1922
U.S. chief justice William Howard Taft dedicates the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.

Born This Day: 1908
Mel Blanc - The voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and countless other Warner Bros. cartoon characters.

"Is life worth living?  Yes, so long as there is wrong to right."
-Alfred Austin








I want to see a Kings player in this picture within a couple weeks.

3 comments: