Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day One Hundred Forty Seven

Dear Readers,
      It has been a very long day.  We moved everything and practically unpacked everything in one day.  We also cleaned most of the condo before we left today.  I can't believe we got it all done.  I have to thank everyone who chipped in some way or another.  Whether it was packing, loading, unloading, cleaning, or even moral support.  We had lots of help today and got things done very quickly.  I was thinking there was going to be a few things left behind to be taken later on.  That wasn't the case.  We moved everything today.  We just have to go back to finish cleaning and patching up some holes.  I am really glad this day is over with and it won't be dragged on for the next few days.  I should be able to get one day to relax before I go back to work on Tuesday.  Again, thank you to all who helped.  We couldn't have done it without you guys.  Everyone had a good attitude and joked around a lot, which made things go by quickly.  I am ready for a two day nap now. 
      Things have been great moving in.  My parents have been very accommodating.  There was a little bit of worry, because there was still lots of things to be moved out of the room we were moving into as of Thursday.  My dad worked hard at packing it up and moving it out, so that by the time we showed up with all of our stuff, it was completely empty.  They have found nooks and crannies to fit our odds and end stuff, such as Raina's Keurig coffee maker and Dutch oven.  Not to mention my lunch bag and all the things that go along with making my lunch on a daily basis.  We may have crammed ourselves into a single room, but I think the time will go by quickly and smoothly.  My parents have been very gracious to us and we are very thankful for allowing us to horn in on their party of two here at their house.  We are going to miss our first home together, but are looking forward to our future, hopefully much larger, home.

This Day In History: 1953
It Came From Outer Space, the first science fiction film to be screened in 3-D, debuts in Los Angeles.

Born This Day: 1948
Stevie Nicks - American singer/songwriter. (Fleetwood Mac)
??? - Shelby Erikson (Happy Birthday Shelby!!!)

"Life is too short for a long story."
-Lady Mary Wortley Montagu




That's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment