Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day One Hundred Forty Four

Dear Readers,
      I am typing from my brand new laptop.  I finally broke down and spent the money on a quality machine that will last me long enough to get us into our new home.  Hopefully much longer then that.  The eighteen months of no financing from Best Buy sure helps.  I haven't had too much time to mess with it, but so far I am pleasantly pleased with it.  Not that I use it for much more then internet and blogging.  Hopefully it will get used for much more when school starts up again for me.  Speaking of school, I am heading in to see a counselor tomorrow and hopefully signing up for a summer class.  If I can get into a class that is.  I am starting a little late and I will be considered a new student, which will put me low on the priority list to get into classes.  I just want one class.  That is all I am asking for.  It really is going to be strange to start having to do homework again.  I am going to have to rely on Raina to kick me in the butt and keep myself from procrastinating too much.  At least I will have a nice computer to work on.  Plus it came with Microsoft Office 2010 for free.  That just might come in a little handy while taking classes again.  So much going on right now. 
      You have heard me continually talk about our moving this weekend.  Well, it just keeps getting closer and closer.  Tonight, the kitchen gets packed up.  Raina has cooked her last meal in this wonderful place we have called home for the last two years.  A delicious meal of Spicy Thai Rice & Beef.  Just add a little hot sauce and it was magical.  I really do love my wife's cooking.  I am really hoping this move isn't going to hinder her cooking for me.  Well, with the kitchen getting packed up, that only leaves our upstairs entertainment center, our bedroom and Raina's desk.  Then there is a few things in the bathroom.  Can't pack all that stuff up too soon.  Otherwise what would we use to stay clean and make ourselves look pretty?  
      I went to pick up some more boxes and packing material from our friend's house.  Brandon left it there as the halfway point for me to get it.  Thanks again to Brandon for getting us all kinds of boxes and packing material.  Also to my sister, Yoli, for all the boxes she got us too.  Even though she tried to use them as leverage to get me to do things for her.  I picked up a bunch of boxes and a huge bag of bubble wrap.  I mean huge.  I could fit about three bodies in this bag full of bubble wrap.  You should have seen me squeezing this huge bag into the back seat of my truck.  I didn't want to just throw it in the back and then watch it fly out about half way home.  It would have been just my luck to watch it fly out and cause an accident behind me.  So, I maneuvered it back there and made it home.  Looking at it now, maybe even more then three bodies worth.  Massive.  So, if anyone might need some bubble wrap, I am thinking we may have some extra after our move.  You are more then welcome to it if there is some left over. 
      I also want to wish my father in law, Mark, a wonderful Happy Birthday!!  He is the big 6-0 today.  Hoping you had a wonderful day and we can give you a wonderful weekend of celebration next weekend.  Can't wait to hang out and get a round of golf in.  Hopefully I won't break my foot this time.  Happy Birthday Mark!!

This Day In History: 1934
Their Midwest crime spree finally over, infamous American bank robbers Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker are shot to death by Texas and Louisiana state police as they drive a stolen car near Bienville Parish, Louisiana.  Police said that the pair had attempted to flee, more likely the reason for the fusillade was that Bonnie and Clyde had killed five policemen.

Born This Day: 1883
Douglas Fairbanks - American actor
1952 - Mark Piliavin (Father in law of all father in laws)

"The test of democracy is freedom of criticism."
-David Ben-Gurion




Look and see how big this bag really is.


I hope I have a professor as cool as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment