Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day Three Hundred Sixty

Dear Readers,
     Merry Christmas everybody! It is day number three of our Christmas marathon. Getting up early in the morning and loading up all the gifts into the car and heading over to Raina's mom's house. This time it started with the unwrapping station. Gifts and gifts and more gifts. Of course I got some more of my favorite gifts. Books!  One about the assassination of Lincoln and another about the Kennedy assassination. Both things that interest me. I got some sweet new Star Wars t-shirts. An awesome comic book and an even more awesome drawing of Darth Vader. It is a one of a kind vintage art work. Okay, it isn't vintage, but it is one of a kind and it was done by my sister in law, Brooke, as my Christmas gift. I am going to get it framed and ready for my mancave when Raina and I finally get our house. I also have another special gift on its way. It is a personalized bobble head. It will be me as a bobble head. How cool is that? I think it was just the year of personalized gifts, because I got a personalized Spartan book from Brent and Yvonne. A picture book of our adventures as Spartans in Malibu. All kinds of pictures that I didn't even know about along with captions. It was funny and special. Another great year of gifts.
      My brother in law, Brent, has been all about buying things that are made in America. Supporting his country. So Raina and I decided that we needed to get him stuff that was made in this great country of ours. To the point of making a little booklet of all the things we would have liked to have gotten him but couldn't because they weren't made in America. Including a pair of Vans, a Callaway driver, and a Porsche. All made outside of the good old U S of A. So we resorted to a shirt and a cup from the Made In America store. And a Home Depot gift card so he could make something himself in America. Have to support our country.
      It was a wonderful day with family and games. Playing Apples to Apples and watching some Indiana Jones. Raina doesn't like when the TV is on while we are playing games though. She says that I always get distracted. I don't get distracted easily. At least I don't think I do. So sue me for trying to multitask. It was a fun three days and it is a little sad that it is all over. One of our favorite times of the year and it is already over. Only one week left of my vacation from work. Not looking forward to going back and right into another week of standby. Just trying to enjoy my vacation and maybe get a few workouts in.

This Day In History:1776
During the American Revolutionary War, General George Washington crosses the Delaware River with 2,400 troops.

Born This Day: 1642
Sir Isaac Newton - English mathematician who discovered the binomial theorem, the method of fluxions and the law of gravitation.

"The pain of discipline is far less then the pain of regret."
-Sarah Bombell





Christmas pictures.
Ready for presents.

Now we are ready for our trip.

Awesome tools and my new shirt. My sister didn't like it so much.

Thanks Brooke for the sweet picture.

My Spartan Book.

My favorite page in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment