Friday, December 21, 2012

Day Three Hundred Fifty Five

Dear Readers,
     Christmas is supposed to be a happy and fun spirited holiday. Full of time spent with family and time spent in good spirits. For some reason, whenever I am out shopping for gifts, I see the exact opposite. Tons of people in a rush whom only seem to care about themselves. Don't get me wrong, there are exceptions to every rule and there are joyful shoppers out there. They just don't seem to be shopping wherever I seem to be shopping. It is so bad that it has become a stigma of what to expect when shopping for Christmas in that week leading up to it. There are even movies based on this premise. Is this strictly an American thing, or is it a worldwide problem? If it is a worldwide issue, then at least I don't feel so bad about Americans living up to the bad rap we have gotten about being rude and impatient. You could almost believe it wouldn't be a problem with the forward thinking society we have, but maybe they are so forward thinking that they forget to look to the past to learn from history's mistakes. Our country is full of rude and inconsiderate people. Just drive around on the freeways for a little bit. I just hope I don't become one of those people. I know I can be at times, but as long as it isn't who I am as a persona. It is something to work for, and all the other inconsiderate people will not make it easy on me.
      Isn't it truly amazing how much a topic of conversation can lead you further and further down the rabbit hole. Changing from one topic to the next on a whim. Amazing.

This Day In History: 1920
English born comedian Leslie Downes becomes an American citizen.  He eventually became known as Bob Hope.

Born This Day: 1868
Harvey Firestone - American businessman who founded the Firestone Company

"If you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
-Max Lerner




He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment