Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day Three Hundred Forty Eight

Dear Readers,
      Europe trip update.  Our plans have changed.  No, we are not canceling.  Our destination has become just about official.  It will be two nights in London.  Then it will be a train ride over to France.  Hopefully a stop in Normandy to visit old World War II sites.  It will be like a dream come true.  Then a jaunt over to Paris.  Neither of us have been and are really looking forward to it.  All the sites to see, the food to try, the history to relive.  I have a feeling we won't have any free time to waste.  We want to maximize our trip.  See and experience as much as possible.  All the normal things you would think of, like the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame.  I just want to walk around town and walk into random shops and eateries.  Find something on my own.  You just never know what might be there.  Maybe I should take a few French lessons before we go.  The way the English talk, I might even need a couple of lessons for that too.  We took our first step to making it an actual reality.  At least we tried to, is what I should say.  We have enough money for our plane tickets and were ready to purchase them, but were derailed by a secure code for my bank card.  Apparently it was too big of a purchase without it.  Only problem is that I do not know what my secure code is.  I have never heard about it before or needed it before.  We would have already had our tickets by now.  Raina is having anxiety about spending that much money on a purchase like this.  Therefore, she thinks it is a sign that it didn't work.  I disagree though.  It just means we need to press on and not get discouraged, so that we can have an extremely special trip.  I can't wait.  It is looking like April is our trip time frame.  There have been changes to our destination and time frame, but it is looking like it will be for the best.  I can't wait.  The only place out of the country I have been is Mexico.  When you live in Southern California, it isn't really that far out of the country.  France will be completely different and am looking forward to experiencing it with Raina.  Europe, here we come!  After we get our plane tickets tomorrow, hopefully.

This Day In History: 1847
Ellis Bell's novel Wuthering Heights is published.  Bell was the pseudonym used by English author Emily Bronte.

Born This Day: 1929
Christopher Plummer - Emmy Award winning Canadian actor.

"Invention is the mother of necessity."
-Thorstein Veblen




The pile of cash Raina has saved up from her tips.  All for the tickets.


No comments:

Post a Comment