Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day Three Hundred Fifty Nine

Dear Readers,
     Merry Christmas Eve everybody. It was a celebration day with my side of the family today. Starting out with a late breakfast that was enough food to feed twice as many people as we actually had there. When I say we had a late breakfast, I mean we basically had breakfast for lunch. Chorizo and eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and lots of tortillas. You can't have a breakfast like we had and not want a bunch of tortillas to chow down on. It was a bit hectic getting it all done, but it was all worth it. It was probably one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time. It was a feast. There was also waffles and a fruit mixture of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. It was an embarrassment of riches and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite of it. It was also good fun telling my sisters what to do and weaseling them into helping out. It also helps that Raina and I went to the gym this morning. So I don't feel as bad about gorging as much as I did. I wish we could do that more often then we do. Especially considering how much Raina and I love breakfast.
      I always love spending time with my nephews. It can be hectic and exhausting, but it's always a blast and leaves me looking forward to the next time I get to see them. I was able to finish watching Star Wars A New Hope with Joseph and Joshua, which was awesome. Even though they asked a million questions during the movie, which would normally drive me crazy. It was really cool to see how excited they were about it and neat to see their reactions to different things. I can't wait to show them the rest of the movies. Especially when Micah is old enough to inderstand what is going on and can sit through a movie in one sitting. Makes me look forward to the possibility of having my own son to share those moments with. Just another special Christmas with the family.
      One of the special moments about this year is when we found out that my nephew, Joseph, decided to use the money be was saving for a specific toy to buy Christmas gifts for the people he loves. Giving up the opportunity to get his toy. When Raina and I heard about that, we decided to find out what toy it was he wanted to get it for him as a special surprise. Specifically explaining to him that the reason he was getting blessed with it was because of his display of unselfishness. It was spoiled a little by him showing some selfish was earlier in the day. Just part of being a kid with a brother though. Not condoning it, just saying that those things seem to go hand in hand. All I all, a great Christmas and am looking forward to more family time with Raina's side of the family.

This Day In History: 1851
A fire devastated the Library of Congress in Washington, DC, destroying about 35,000 volumes.

Born This Day: 1905
Howard Hughes - Eccentric aviator

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
-David Richerby




Now that is a Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment