Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day Three Hundred Sixty One

Dear Readers,
     Here I am, finally catching up.  I have been trying to do this for what seems like forever.  It is 10:30PM at night and Raina is watching one of her shows.  So I am not distracted by the TV.  Although, some of the meals on Top Chef can be distracting to me, even though I am not hungry at all right now.  I guess I could have done this so much earlier today, but it was just one of those lazy days for me after the hectic four of five days we have had.  Even though my poor wife had to go back to work today.  I am sure she was just a little bit jealous of me for it.  That's okay though, because I go back to work tomorrow, by choice.  I didn't have to, but I decided to make a little extra money by working the next couple of days.  Have to save up for our trip.  The plan is in motion.  The plane tickets are purchased.  We have our luggage now and possibly a nice carry on for the plane.  I just have to double check the carry on size to make sure it isn't too big.  Next is the purchase of our train tickets and then booking hotels.  Yup, it will be three nights in London and then a train through the chunnel into Paris.  Then immediately to a town near Normandy beaches so we can stay the night and get an early start to check out all the historical sites of the most intriguing part of history.  At least to me.  Probably near the top of my list, if not the top of the list, for things I want to see on our trip.  If I could, I would take a tour of nothing but World War II sites.  Unfortunately, I would bore my wife to tears on the first day.  That's alright though, because there are plenty of things we both want to see and do together.  I'm very excited and am so very looking forward to it.  We have our travel books now.  I bought them for Raina for Christmas and they are already being marked up with sticky notes.  One book for London.  One for Paris.  And one for all of France.  Raina also got a small book of all the best pastry shops in Paris.  I think there is a chance we come back just a few pounds heavier.  It's gonna be a vacation.  Might as well try everything.  You don't know if you will ever be back, so make the most of it.  Carpe Diem!  I can't wait.

This Day In History: 1941
Winston Churchill becomes the first British prime minister to address the U.S. Congress.  He urged the legislative body to back President Franklin D. Roosevelt's proposal that America become the "great arsenal of democracy."

Born This Day: 1893
Mao Zedong - Chinese communist revolutionary and founding father of the People's Republic of China.

"The will to win means nothing if you haven't the will to prepare."
-Juma Ikangaa




Ha ha. Where do I get a tree like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment