Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred Sixty Four

Dear Readers,
     I have mulled over and over about getting myself the new iPhone.  When I bought Raina hers last year, I told myself that I was going to wait until the next one that was going to be on the 4g LTE system that Verizon has.  So I held on to my old outdated Blackberry, because I didn't want to spend the money until it was something I would be completely happy with.  Now that it is finally coming out tomorrow, I am still indecisive about it.  My Blackberry does all the things I need it to do.  Phone calls, texts and even lets me check the sports scores.  I know there are so many other things you can do now with a phone, but I guess I have been so long without it that I don't totally see the value in me spending that much money on a phone.  The other worry I have is that I won't use enough of the features to warrant the money I spent on it.  Then there is the cost of having to get an adapter so it will fit the charger that has fit all other apple devices for the last five years.  Also a case to protect the new phone and even a shield to protect the screen.  The money just keeps adding up.  There is a part of me that is really looking forward to getting myself something new and then there is the part that is a cheapskate and doesn't want to spend the money.  Is it really worth it?  Do I really want to get up early and see if I can get a close enough spot in line to get it tomorrow?  I should have made my decision over a month ago and then preordered it.  Should've, could've, would've.  I will leave it to the alarm clock.  If I wake up to it, then I go get it.  If I sleep through it, then there goes my chance.  I will probably wake up though.  My inner clock will wake me up from getting up early every day for work anyways.  I can't use the excuse of it only being 3g anymore.  It has finally caught up with the times.  At least it will be fast.  I hope.

This Day In History: 1853
American inventor Elisha Otis sells his first elevator.  Called a "safety hoist," it was the first to employ a device to keep it from falling if the hoisting cable broke.

Born This Day: 1878
Upton Sinclair - American author and social reformer.

"Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life."
-Sophia Loren




Great beard in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment