Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day Two Hundred Fifty Six

Dear Readers,
      Now that I am starting my blog at 11:30 at night, I am getting the feeling that it is going to have to be short.  Otherwise I run the risk of falling asleep while trying to type it up.  Which could lead to me losing whatever I might end up typing or just letting my hands weigh down on a certain key so I end up with a whole page of the same letter over and over again.  Thankfully, my wonderful wife is scratching my back as I am talking to you out there.  One thing I definitely love, is to have my back scratched.  I could sit in one place and let Raina scratch my back for hours.  I can remember making a deal with her once that would have her scratch my back until I fell asleep.  Which would normally be a pretty good deal for her, considering I normally have no problems falling right to sleep, even if she might be in the middle of a conversation with me.  If my back is being scratched though, my body must force me to stay awake longer on purpose, just so that she will continue to do it.  Needless to say, I outlasted her scratching and she didn't fulfill her end of the bargain.  It was a losing deal for her.  In fact, she seems to be so tired that she has already quit scratching for tonight.  I guess I will have to make another deal with her tomorrow.  There is something so soothing and relaxing to have her lightly scratch.  Takes away any concerns I may have at the time.
      I managed to win an extra week of being on call for work.  Normally that might sound like a punishment, but we could really use the extra income that it will bring.  So I voluntarily put my name in the hat to be drawn.  I was blessed enough to have my name drawn, only to remember afterward that I have plans this weekend to go to Comikaze.  It is a comic book convention started by the king of comic books himself, Stan Lee.  I have tried to get tickets for ComiCon in San Diego the last three years and have yet to gain access.  This will be the poor man's version of that.  At least that is what I am thinking it will be.  Either way, I know it is going to be totally cool and I am totally excited for this weekend.  Back to my point.  Since I was busy this weekend, I traded weeks with another guy from work and it has totally worked out.  Only thing left to do is cover the truck for him tonight and then enjoy the weekend.  Comikaze here we come.  One of the best birthday gifts I have ever gotten from my wonderful wife.

This Day In History: 1963
The last episode of "Leave it to Beaver" was aired. The show had debuted on October 4, 1957.

Born This Day: 1944
Barry White - American singer/songwriter.

"The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself."
-Wallace Wattles


4 comments: