Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day Two Hundred Forty Eight

Dear Readers,
      All I could think about at work today was how I wanted the week to hurry up and get over with so that we could get to Laughlin.  I am in vacation mode already and it isn't even a long vacation we are heading to.  Just for the weekend.  It will probably be over one hundred degrees out there, but I really don't care.  In less than three days we will be beating the heat by checking out football odds, swimming at the pool, or eating at a fancy buffet.  Okay, it probably won't be a fancy buffet, but a buffet nonetheless.  I am just looking to go and enjoy the company of friends and my wife.  Add in a little river time and a little football gambling, what could possibly go wrong.  Maybe a sprinkle of craps or Texas hold 'em.  I am up for whatever comes up.  Like I said, it will be great to get away and have some fun.
      I am hoping Raina's foot is better by then.  I would feel really bad if we have to get her a cane or a walker to get her around.  I don't want to see her hobbling around town on her bad foot.  Maybe I will just carry her around everywhere.  She would never allow that to happen though.  So, she just needs to get better.  Either way, she needs to get better soon enough so that we can keep our training going.  Half marathon is just over a month away and we need to be ready.  She was having some injury issues the last time around and was just fine in time for the big race.  Hopefully she will be ready just in time again.  So here is to hop along making it through our weekend away without any problems.
      One thing I get to look forward to before getting out of town is football season.  Which starts tomorrow.  It is only one game, but I can't wait.  That first kick off, the first big tackle.  The first big touchdown.  The first comeback for a big win that seems like nothing at the start of the season, but ends up playing a big role on whether a team makes it into the playoffs or not.  Wondering if it could have been one play that could have changed it all.  It is a game of inches and everyone of the counts.  You just never know what it might come down to and that is just part of what makes football season so fantastic.  Only one day left.

This Day In History: 1972
U.S. swimmer Mark Spitz wins his seventh gold medal at the summer Olympics in Munich, Germany.

Born This Day: 1917
Henry Ford II - American industrialist, head of the Ford Motor Company.

"Never insult an alligator until you've crossed the river."
-Cordell Hull




So many reasons to trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to see you guys. :)

    BTW... I find it ironic that the model for that shirt is clean shaven. And irritating that the typeset is off. My eye is twitching.

    See you in a few!!

    ReplyDelete