Friday, September 28, 2012

Day Two Hundred Seventy Two

Dear Readers,
      The Dodgers are making their push here late in the season.  I am really hoping that it isn't a case of too little too late in the season.  They could win all of the remaining games and still get pushed out of the playoffs.  We need the Cardinals to lose a few games.  At least three games, and then they could tie the Dodgers, forcing them to have to play a one game playoff to see who gets into the playoffs as a wildcard.  Then they would have to face the other wildcard team the next day for another one game playoff to see who advances to the next round.  It would be a lot of stress and would probably emotionally drain them, but stranger things have happened in baseball.  We can all remember the miracle game against the A's in the 1988 World Series.  Kirk Gibson's magical home run against all-star closer, Dennis Eckersley.  It is a famous moment in history, when a majority of the fans had left the game early, thinking the Dodgers had no chance to come back and when.  Then there is that famous picture of all the cars in the parking lot about to head out of the stadium, hitting their brakes as they listen to that magical moment.  I wish I had been old enough to appreciate that moment, because who knew that I would be thirty years old, still waiting around for my miracle World Series moment for the Dodgers.  Sure, there have been amazing plays and performances that I have watched and appreciated, but nothing in the big game series.  It has eluded the Dodgers for 24 years now.  I know I have been ranting about the Dodgers for a second day in a row now, but I may only have five more days of truly enjoying baseball season this year.  I worry that I will have to tell everyone, again, that we are primed for a big year...next year.  It seems like we are always saying that "next year" will be our year.  I want "next year" to finally show up.  I am tired of continually waiting for "next year".  One of these years, I will have my moment.  Hopefully soon, so that I don't have to keep dealing with disappointing year after disappointing year.  Go Dodgers!  Down with the Cardinals!

This Day In History: 1955
The World Series was televised in color for the first time. The game was between the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Born This Day: 551 B.C.
Confucius - Teacher and philosopher.

"There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."
-Don Herold








Just to clarify for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment