Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day Two Hundred Seventy

Dear Readers,
      We went to one of our favorite date hang outs tonight.  Even after Raina's long day of work.  It wasn't a date night though.  My sister Melissa got taken out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then went to Barnes & Noble afterwards.  So, Raina and I met up with them at the bookstore after she finally got done with work for the day.  Yup, she had a long day of babysitting until 8PM.  I know she would have preferred to just head home and get some rest, but she went out afterwards anyways.  Which was great, because I love Barnes & Noble's.  I could browse through the books and magazines for hours upon hours.  I never leave there thinking that I was finished looking through everything that I wanted to.  It always feels like there was something else that I wanted to browse through or read.  I don't know how I can have such an appetite for all those books, but I do.  So many books to read and not nearly enough time to read them all.  Needless to say, we had a bit of a date night, even while celebrating Melissa's birthday.

This Day In History: 1964
"Gilligan's Island" premiered on CBS-TV. The show aired for the last time on September 4, 1967.

Born This Day: 1774
John Chapman (Johnny Appleseed)

"If I only had a little humility, I’d be perfect."
-Ted Turner







A new history book for all the Harry Potter fans out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment