Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day Two Hundred Forty Nine

Dear Readers,
      Football season is officially here.  The first game of the season kicked things off and didn't totally disappoint.  It was actually an entertaining game, I just happen to completely dislike the Cowboys.  There is some bad blood in the past between them and my Niners.  Oh well, at least my fantasy football kicked off decently.  I didn't have any players with a huge game, but they were solid games.  Between my three fantasy football leagues, I had two players playing tonight, on opposite teams.  Victor Cruz and Miles Austin.  It was looking like Victor was going to be the one with the big game, but Miles ended up coming out on top with a better finish to the game and a touchdown.  Victor was ticking me off tonight though.  A normally sure handed receiver, he was dropping passes left and right tonight.  He could have gotten me a bunch of more points.  At least he didn't get hurt, like my first pick from last season.  I picked Jamaal Charles last year and he didn't last two plays.  Out for the season right away.  So, my start is considerably better this year.  I will take it.
      My mind completely blanked on me, right after I finished that last paragraph.  I had something in mind to talk about and it has completely left me.  Don't you hate when that happens?  That moment when you had something really important to tell someone, but the conversation takes too long to get to it and by the time you can bring it up, you can't find it in the recesses of your memory.  I feel like that is constantly happening to me.  It was right there and it was important, so how do we forget something that quickly.  It could be a matter of minutes or even seconds.  Just typing my blog, it constantly happens.  Fortunately it is in print, so I can go back and read what I just typed and can usually get back on track and it will trigger in my mind what I wanted to talk about.  Unfortunately, when the subject changes as rapidly as my attention, it is hard to keep up.  Hopefully I will remember to share it in the future.  Whatever it is that I forgot.

This Day In History: 1774
The first Continental Congress convenes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to respond to British Parliament's enactment of the Coercive Acts, which had established British military rule in Massachusetts, granted immunity to British officials, and forced American colonists to house British troops.

Born This Day: 1847
Jesse James - American outlaw, leader of the infamous James Gang.

"You can't fake listening.  It shows."
-Raquel Welch




This one is especially for Brooke.  It is an actual detention slip with the reason for why this student was sent to detention.  Pretty ridiculous.  If you don't get it, then "google" it.  Pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment