Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day Two Hundred

Dear Readers,
      It is fitting that my 200th day of bearding and blogging is not only a milestone, but also a fantastic day of Batman.  Yes, I went to see The Dark Knight Rises tonight and had a great time.  Remember what I said about my predictions being purely coincidental if they are true?  Well I am not telling if they actually came true.  In fact, I am not going to give anything away so as to ruin someone's experience of seeing the movie for the first time.  I am not even going to say if it was better than the last movie.  I will just say that I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed watching it.  All two hours and forty four minutes of it. 
      I actually got more love for my shirt then my beard today.  Only one person acknowledged the greatness that is my beard.  While eating a late lunch, at Killer Shrimp, one of the waitresses asked how long I had been growing it and then complimented it.  Always great to hear from a fan.  The shirt on the other hand, got me about five or six compliments today.  In fact, while leaving the theater before the film started, to get some snacks, I asked the security guy outside if they would let me back in or if it was one of those things where you couldn't come back in once you left.  He then proceeded to tell me that it was no problem, especially for Batman.  He actually called me Batman, because of the shirt.  Then as I came back into the theater, the same security guy just let me in, saying that Batman was good to go.  It was pretty funny.  Another guy wanted a picture of the shirt.  He had noticed it while we were standing in line.  The love for Batman is out there, even if it is just a Batman shirt.  Think about it.  Batman is just a regular guy with a lot of money.  It leaves that little bit of hope that even we could do something like he has done.  If only we were dedicated enough.  That glimmer of hope that we could become a superhero too is what makes him so appealing to people.  I know I wish I could train and train and train, then study and study and study to become the master detective that he is.  Another one of my many dreams.  Either way, go see the movie.  It will be worth every penny you spend.

This Day In History: 1986
The remains of RMS Titanic are seen by the world for the first time as videotapes of the British luxury liner are released by researchers from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts.

Born This Day: 1918
Nelson Mandela - South African president.

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."
-Unknown Author








My now famous shirt.


Our awesome lunch at Killer Shrimp and as Raina said earlier today, "We killed that food."


No comments:

Post a Comment