Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day Two Hundred Three

Dear Readers,
      I can't believe I forgot to put in our pictures of our new shoes.  There never going to be this shiny anymore, so we might as well make the most of these pictures.  Is it just me, or does anybody else love that smell of a brand new pair of shoes right out of the box?  There is something about it.
Mr. Half Marathon's

Mrs. Half Marathon's
      Another busy day today.  We did some shopping for our picnic/park day tomorrow.  Getting ready for another fun day in the sun.  We also happened to drive by a Play It Again Sports store on the way and noticed they were having a sale on all baseball and softball equipment.  Ever since I played in that softball league, I have been wanting a bat and glove for myself.  Besides, there is a field at the park we go to and it would be fun to play catch or maybe hit the ball a little bit.  Sure enough, I found a nice used bat and glove.  Even some brand new softballs for only $4.  Just the softballs that is.  I just wanted a decent glove and bat that wasn't fancy or anything.  I don't need to spend top dollar on something I am only going to use for a rec league or a day at the park.  Hopefully the power of the beard will help me get one out of the park.
      The nephews were over the house again.  Joseph and Joshua that is.  I bought a Green Lantern game for my Xbox a couple months back and Joseph has been asking to watch me play it.  He is all into superheros right now.  Spider-Man, Iron Man, Green Lantern, Superman, Batman and so many more.  Every time he comes over he asks to look at the box of the game, staring at the pictures.  Finally we had a little free time and I played my Xbox for the first time since moving in with my parents.  It was really quite nice to have that controller back in my hands after such a long lull.  The game included some special 3D glasses that I guess you would use if you had a 3D TV.  I don't, but the glasses were shaped like Green Lantern's mask, so I naturally had the kids throw them on.  It became the story that it was necessary to play the game with the glasses on.  So Joseph wasn't the only one wearing them, he also made me wear them while I played the game.  It is quite comical to think of me and Joseph sitting on my bed while playing a video game with kids 3D glasses on.  I have a picture to prove it.

In darkest day, in blackest night...
      We also finally got together to celebrate my niece, Kailee's, birthday today.  Just a small get together of family members for a barbeque.  A nice little evening spent outdoors and a coffee cake as a birthday cake.  We even took the kids for a walk to the park.  It was pretty funny to watch the kids change their minds from wanting to be in the wagon, to the other ride along car, to deciding to walk and even getting out for a sprint for a little bit.  Climbing over each other and hopping out while in mid walk.  Climbing everything in site.  Aw, to be young again, without a care in the world.  Loved spending time with all the kiddos, even though they can all be brats at times.

This Day In History: 1873
American outlaw Jesse James and his gang pull off their first train robbery.

Born This Day: 1924
Don Knotts - American actor (The Andy Griffith Show)

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway








Pictures of the party and walking to the park.
Coffee cake birthday cake.

Yup, spoiled with an Ipad.

Switching it up again.



We left him hanging as his punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment